Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need adive from people renters plz??????? edit

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM
  • 21 Replies

has anyone ever been renting a house that has went into foreclosure???

i just moved into this house a little over a month ago. well right after i moved in a man came here from a bank to take pictures, he told me that usually when he has to come and take pic it usually has somethng to do with foreclosure. i called the realestate agent and she said it didn't have anything to do with foreclosure, well she just called me, she said she hasn't been able to get ahold of the owner since we moved in, he hasn't even sent her the lease back and the rent is over 2 week overdue, we have it put back because she hasn't came to get it yet. he hasn't even called her about the rent. she said she is afraid that it may have something to do with foreclosure, she is going by the court house to see what she can find out.

She said usually if a house is going into foreclosure they usually come a put a notice on the door and i haven't received one yet. so my question is how does that work, how will i find out and when i do how long do i get before i will have to move.

please i am worried we have put a lot of money out to move into this house so if anyone can give me adive please do. if not give me a bump.

thanks

when i spoke to her earlier she told me that we will just eat the rent until she finds out what is going on, i told her i will put it back just in case, she said if it is going into foreclosure she will see what she can do about finding us another house

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christine0813
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I don't know but here is a bump.bump

dydy777
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM

wish i could help... bump

Dyanna

MsPsychotic
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I'm confused about the rent. You haven't paid it because no one has come for it? Pay the rent, to prevent yourself from getting evicted.

If a man from the bank came to take pictures of the house, it could be due to foreclosure but it could also be just a general appraisal. Maybe the owner is wanting to take equity out of the house.

Years ago, we rented a home. We had been living there for four months. A lady from the bank came to the house and wanted to set up an appointment to have a group of realtors walk through. She took pictures of the inside and outside of the house. I was confused. I couldn't get answers from the realty company or the owner. A few weeks later, I received a certified letter stating that we were being legally evicted because the owner was selling the house and the new owners didn't want to rent the house they wanted to live in it. The sale was pending, we were given 7 days to leave the property. I hate that I have an eviction on my credit report, but I keep the letter to show to people as proof that we weren't evicted for being bad renters or by any fault of ours.

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Not sure, bump and good luck!

mommyannabanana

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

no clue....sorry :-( BUMP!

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

tattedmommynlj
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

pretty sure youre screwed unfortunately. I've rented alot! Just be patient and wait to hear from the realtor. But plan to move out 30 days after a definate foreclosure.

Also the cheapest way to move is to load your cars and borrow a truck from a friend... also spending 30$ on a self moving truck for one day is a good thing too.

Sorry chicka.. good luck!

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Quoting dydy777:

wish i could help... bump

imamombygrace
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Insurance companies will also request pictures of the house.  We have had to email pictures before to ours and when we first bought this house..the previous owners insurance company came out wanting to take pics...I refused to let them.

I think if a house is in foreclosure..it is public knowledge at the court house.  So you should be able to find out that information yourself. Maybe start at the magistrate's office and inquire how.

I am sorry..I really hope this person did not take your money..knowing that this house was going into foreclosure.  That is awful!

Buffy65
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I would say, don't pay your rent until you know what's going on. I don't know what the legalities are, but...if nobody can get a hold of your landlord, chances are pretty good you're not going to get your deposit back. Put your rent in escrow, incase you ARE taken to court, or they try to evict you for non payment of rent...then, you'll have it all to pay to the landlord if the house is NOT going into foreclosure. If it IS going into foreclosure, you'll have your rent money in the bank for when you need to put a deposit on your next house.

Again, I don't think this is the legal way to do it, but if you pay your rent to the landlord who's house is going into foreclosure anyway, you're going to lose your residence AND have no money.

confused-mom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

the owner lives out of state, and i have no way of contacting him. i pay the real estate agent the rent. i have no clue where to pay it, i called her the day the rent was due to tell her i had it, when she finally called me back she told me to hold on to it because she was out of town and she will come and get it when she is back in town. i was cofused because the rent was due on the 1st and she hasn't came by to get it and then she calls me today and told me that, she told me to hold on to the rent until she finds out what is going on with this house.

if he is letting it go back to bank, it acually makes a lot of sense because his morgage is $1400 and our rent is $850 so he is eating $550 a month, i think he probably decided to cut his loses and let it go.

Quoting MsPsychotic:

I'm confused about the rent. You haven't paid it because no one has come for it? Pay the rent, to prevent yourself from getting evicted.

If a man from the bank came to take pictures of the house, it could be due to foreclosure but it could also be just a general appraisal. Maybe the owner is wanting to take equity out of the house.

Years ago, we rented a home. We had been living there for four months. A lady from the bank came to the house and wanted to set up an appointment to have a group of realtors walk through. She took pictures of the inside and outside of the house. I was confused. I couldn't get answers from the realty company or the owner. A few weeks later, I received a certified letter stating that we were being legally evicted because the owner was selling the house and the new owners didn't want to rent the house they wanted to live in it. The sale was pending, we were given 7 days to leave the property. I hate that I have an eviction on my credit report, but I keep the letter to show to people as proof that we weren't evicted for being bad renters or by any fault of ours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)