Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG!!!!! You will not believe what he did!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Name help please!!!!

Options:

Zoey Dorothy-Grace

Zoey Grace

Marlena Dorothy-Grace

Other ( please add your own suggestion)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

So at my 38 week appointment yesterday the doctor finally took me off the procardia for stopping labor. So that means this baby girl could be here anytime. But we still have no name. We have a few first names we like but none we love and agree on.

Our first daughter has a hypenated middle name honoring both mine and my husband's maternal grandmothers. My husband and I would like to also honor our paternal grandmothers by hypenating this baby girl's middle name too. That way also both of our girls would have the same amount of names and there would never be the thought that we didn't put enough thought into her name if she only had 1 middle name.

The problem is that the only name we agree on, doesn't sound right with our grandmother's names following it. Hubby thinks it sounds fine but I don't like it. The first name I like put together with the granmother's names sounds fine to me, but hubby doesn't like the first name.

Hubby likes Zoey Dorothy-Grace, but I don't like dorothy following Zoey. I do like Zoey Grace though it wouldn't be a hypenated middle name!!!

I like Marlena Dorothy-Grace, but hubby doesn't like Marlena.

Our last name is Blomgren. So here's where we need your help ladies. Any help or name suggestions you could offer would be awesome!!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Zooey Marlena Grace =) or, call me crazy Zooey D Marlena Grace Blomgren

I love the names Marlena and Zooey so if you both agree on the first name use the other as a middle and everyone is happy.

Ree12
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

How about Zooey Grace- Dorothea Blomgren?  Dorothea is a form of Dorothy and all the liked names get kept. I also agree with keeping the girls names similiar in length and personal meaning. My parents did one kid with a bunch of names and the other one with a really short name. Short named kid always felt jipped.

MommyKKay
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

That is a toughie! Zooey Grace-Dorothy Blomgren actually sounds pretty good when you say it out loud. Can you do it that way?

purplemoosemom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM

This may be irrelevant, but Zooey makes me think of a Zoo.  I assume you are pronouncing it just like Zoey, only with a different spelling?  Anyways, I liked someone else's suggestion of using Dorthea.  Part of the problem you may be having is that the middle names are more old fashioned and traditional and Zooey is more contemporary and upbeat.  I dunno, just a thought :)

Quoting lilmomma92706:

So at my 38 week appointment yesterday the doctor finally took me off the procardia for stopping labor. So that means this baby girl could be here anytime. But we still have no name. We have a few first names we like but none we love and agree on.

Our first daughter has a hypenated middle name honoring both mine and my husband's maternal grandmothers. My husband and I would like to also honor our paternal grandmothers by hypenating this baby girl's middle name too. That way also both of our girls would have the same amount of names and there would never be the thought that we didn't put enough thought into her name if she only had 1 middle name.

The problem is that the only name we agree on, doesn't sound right with our grandmother's names following it. Hubby thinks it sounds fine but I don't like it. The first name I like put together with the granmother's names sounds fine to me, but hubby doesn't like the first name.

Hubby likes Zooey Dorothy-Grace, but I don't like dorothy following Zooey. I do like Zooey Grace though it wouldn't be a hypenated middle name!!!

I like Marlena Dorothy-Grace, but hubby doesn't like Marlena.

Our last name is Blomgren. So here's where we need your help ladies. Any help or name suggestions you could offer would be awesome!!!!

lizzer
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

first thing i thought of was zoo to.  for the op.....i like marlena dorothy~grace

Quoting purplemoosemom:

This may be irrelevant, but Zooey makes me think of a Zoo.  I assume you are pronouncing it just like Zoey, only with a different spelling?  Anyways, I liked someone else's suggestion of using Dorthea.  Part of the problem you may be having is that the middle names are more old fashioned and traditional and Zooey is more contemporary and upbeat.  I dunno, just a thought :)

"Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what IS that thing?!"
lilmomma92706
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

That's what I am worried about!!!

Quoting Ree12:

How about Zooey Grace- Dorothea Blomgren?  Dorothea is a form of Dorothy and all the liked names get kept. I also agree with keeping the girls names similiar in length and personal meaning. My parents did one kid with a bunch of names and the other one with a really short name. Short named kid always felt jipped.

mcsmom99
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I don't really have an opinion other than the spelling of Zooey.  I see it and want to say "zoo-ee".  Can you spell it Zoey or Zoie?

magic67
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

what about Marlena Grace.........

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Quoting MommyKKay:

That is a toughie! Zooey Grace-Dorothy Blomgren actually sounds pretty good when you say it out loud. Can you do it that way?

Kestrel1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM

So is the pronounciation supposed to be 'zoo' eey?

If not I would seriously consider changing the spelling.  The unique spellings at times make it really difficult to guess if parents really meant it to be a certain way, and so you go with the phonetic pronounciation, which if you don't mean 'zoo' will lead to a lot of mistaken pronouncing and elementary kids who will have a field day when they are learning to read and go look!  Her name is ZOO! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)