Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird scab on my stomach...what could it be? Pic

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so for the past week I've had the strange scab on the left side of my stomach.  I started having really sharp stabbing pains on my left side, then I noticed the scab.  The pain is gone, now it just itches.  I don't know what it is.  I don't remember being bitten by anything.  Any ideas?  It's not the best pic...It's a little smaller than a dime, there's a red circle, then in the center it's white and kind of looks like there's puss in it, but nothing comes out when i squeeze it. 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
southernjess3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM

is it a boil?

ArmyWifey4907
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

It's not puffed up at all...It's flat.  IDK, I've never had a boil, never even seen one.

Quoting southernjess3:

is it a boil?

cs_1498
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Is it maybe an ingrown hair??? I would be sre that you weren't bitten by something first although if it were a poisonous bite I would think that the pain would have stuck around, but better safe than sorry.

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Baby # 3 Due in September 2009 It's a BOY!!!!

amommyoffour
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

My son has the same scab looking sores under his arm pit and i took him to the doctor and they said it was Infatigo ( spelling ) its a skin infection .,.. so i would go to the doctor  to have it looked at .,.. My sons had some pain around the area then it  would itche like crazy ... good luck !!!!

The scabs that my son has looks like spider bites ....

ArmyWifey4907
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

It's not an ingrown hair.  I've had those before, and this looks nothing like it.  Hubby thinks it's a spider bite, but I don't remember being bitten.  And the pain lasted for 4-5 days.  Now it's just itchy.

Quoting cs_1498:

Is it maybe an ingrown hair??? I would be sre that you weren't bitten by something first although if it were a poisonous bite I would think that the pain would have stuck around, but better safe than sorry.

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

A boil is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard and tender. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with infection-fighting white blood cells that the body sends from the bloodstream to eradicate the infection. This collection of white blood cells, bacteria, and proteins is known as pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin. A boil is also referred to as a skin abscess.

My DH has had them before......they dont *pop*as soon  as  a pimple...and may take weeks...to form up to the point of *popping*. They can be painful to the touch..it is an infection.

Do a web search ...check out some pics and other info.

*skin Boils*

ArmyWifey4907
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Nope it's not a boil.  This just happened overnight I guess.  I noticed last Monday when I got out of the shower.  There was no redness or anything before hand, just went from nothing there to a scab.

Quoting jjessers:

A boil is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard and tender. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with infection-fighting white blood cells that the body sends from the bloodstream to eradicate the infection. This collection of white blood cells, bacteria, and proteins is known as pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin. A boil is also referred to as a skin abscess.

My DH has had them before......they dont *pop*as soon  as  a pimple...and may take weeks...to form up to the point of *popping*. They can be painful to the touch..it is an infection.

Do a web search ...check out some pics and other info.

*skin Boils*

MandyOs
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Get it looked at.. I heard horror stories about people thinking they have a "spider bite" and it turns into something crazy.

It's probably nothing, but getting it looked at won't hurt!:]

(It kinda looks like a nipple. Hehe.)

ArmyWifey4907
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

It does, doesn't it?  LOL.  I have an appt on the 27th for another reason...if it's still there I'll get it looked at.

Quoting MandyOs:

Get it looked at.. I heard horror stories about people thinking they have a "spider bite" and it turns into something crazy.

It's probably nothing, but getting it looked at won't hurt!:]

(It kinda looks like a nipple. Hehe.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)