Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Brother Saves Little Sister From Fire...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (Aug. 12) -- Police say a 6-year-old boy rescued his 2-year-old sister from a fire at a Long Island house where three adults later were found dead.
They say the boy told them he awoke and smelled smoke and he and his sister began coughing so he led her outside.
They say the two women and one man found in the burned Central Islip (EYE'-slip) house had been shot but it's unclear if they died from gunshot wounds or the fire, ruled an arson.
Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick says firefighters were called Tuesday morning. The two-story house was in flames.
Neighbor Jessie Scott says the house burned "like a matchbox."
The three adults were found in a back bedroom. One lived in the home.
The boy and girl are doing OK. They've been taken to a hospital.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I'm glad they got out of the house but it's a shame about the parent's.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

How sad for the kids. Luckly the little boy knew hat to do.

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

What a smart, brave little boy. I feel so bad that their parents were taken from them.

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

amymarie0315
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

So.. it sounds to me like these kids were saved from more than just a fire! The adults had gunshot wounds, too! That's not a good situation for the kids to be in!

lizzer
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM

just because they had gunshot wounds does not mean the adults were anything "bad." 

Quoting amymarie0315:

So.. it sounds to me like these kids were saved from more than just a fire! The adults had gunshot wounds, too! That's not a good situation for the kids to be in!

"Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what IS that thing?!"
cherryapple78
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM

True, I totally agree with you..

Quoting lizzer:

just because they had gunshot wounds does not mean the adults were anything "bad." 

Quoting amymarie0315:

amymarie0315
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

That's true.... they could have been robbed and the robbers just overlooked the kids.

Quoting lizzer:

Quoting amymarie0315:

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Quoting Army_Wife41:

What a smart, brave little boy. I feel so bad that their parents were taken from them.

I agree!  It's sad about the kids losing their parent (s), but glad that the two children were able to make it out of a burning house safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)