Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me through the morning..

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 20 Replies

my 3 yo dd is bipolar..this morning was a BAD morning..shes was horrible and i had a nervouse breakdown while pumping gas this morning..im so stressed,,i dont look forward to being around her anymore..i try so hard to have good time with her, but she always finds a way to mess things up..i dread waking up in the mornings to her. i hate feeling this way but i think ive hit my breaking point. i want to go away for a lil while- but i dont have it in my heart to leave..and im not going to leave..but i think about just dropping her off at school and driving away some where for like 2 days..but i WILL NOT. im just not sure im sane enough to do this by myself for the rest of the week..im trying but i have no energy..im SSSSOOOO tired...i just needed to get this vent out because im really wondering today if im the best mother for her..im just venting..please dont bash..im not leaving or gonna hurt my children..im not depressed..im just getting my feelings out..

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Wow...I have never heard of a child being diagnosed as Bipolar at such an early age ...

I've done tons of research due to my hubby being Bipolar2

Take a deep breath....

in through your nose..out through your mouth....several times....think of how much you love your DD...and know that it's just a matter of trying to have more patience...

I know it's very difficult....but as a other you WILL get through this!!!

southernjess3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

shell be 4 in oct...and yes..its young..

Quoting jjessers:

Wow...I have never heard of a child being diagnosed as Bipolar at such an early age ...

Trotterswife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

hugs

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Sorry...I hit enter too fast...hadda go back and edit my reply..lol 

Jkazy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM
It'll be okay mama. :) Is she on medication? My cousin is Bipolar and she takes something... can't remember what. but she truly was a changed girl after taking it.
marshsmom

Hang in there moma!  Just remember that it's one bad day, bedtime will come soon enough  and teh sun will rise again tomorrow.  Maybe you could drop her off at school one day and treat yourself to a day at the spa or something?  Spend a little quality time with yourself, it will help you relax.  Good luck!

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM

How did they determine it's BP..if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting southernjess3:

shell be 4 in oct...and yes..its young..

Quoting jjessers:

itcouldbetrina

You are not alone!  Take deep breaths and realize that she will not be like this forever...  just try to think of the good times you have had... I knwo it can be a lot to handle, but think of the positives and the negative feelings will go away...  maybe you do need some you time... isn't there anyone who could watch her, or what about when she is at school... can you go get a pedi or a massage?

alwaysyoung

Quoting Trotterswife:

hugs

aikenchic
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Wow- the pressure you must be under.  Have you talked to her pediatrician?  He or she may be able to offer some advice on how to deal with this.  Also, do you have a friend or family member you could give you a break for a few days?  I don't know what I would do in your situation but if you ever feel the overwhelmed you need to talk to a therapist or something.  There have got to be assistance programs for people who have children with behavior/ health problems so that the parents can get support and still function.  I would start with he prediatrician, though.  Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)