Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help asap.... bleeding at 33 weeks!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

My sister is 33 weeks pregnant and at her 21 week ultrasoung the told her that the placenta was low lying, but that it was no big deal the further along she got the placenta should move up.

Well she woke up at 5am this morning to go to the bathroom and when wiped it was pink so she wiped again and it was bright red. she brushed it of went back to bed and when she got up to go the bathroom again about an hour ago it's still bright red. so she called her dr's ofice and the lady is spose to talk to the dr, and call her back and let her know if she is to go to the er or go their office.  I told her if the dr hasen't called back within an hour were going to the er.

We're really freaking out here as we've never expierianced anything like this before. if it is placenta previa and the placenta is starting to detach what heppens then?

Please ladies any advice is appriciated and needed; if you don't know please bump! 

she's not cramping at all! just bleeding

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I would call the dr right away.

BlkChinaDoll
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Women should never brush off bleeding during pregnancy. I would say go to the ER now instead of waiting for the doctor to call. Better safe then sorry. The placenta can detach/abrupt and the baby's oxygen can be cut off completely.

aikenchic
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM

If it is placenta previa she will have to be on bed rest or if the placenta has detached, then they will have to deliver right away.  Is the baby still active?  Have her do kick counts until you get to the er or dr.  That will help determine if the baby is still ok but I would get to the er or just walk into the drs office asap.  It might be nothing but then again, you never know.  Good luck momma!

katie_uszaki
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

OK, YOU GUYS NEED TO GO TO THE ER NOW!! (not yelling, just put it in caps because I think it's important!!)  It's very important!! Bleeding in pregnancy should never be taken lightly!! Don't wait, please go for the baby's sake and the mom's!!  Let us know what happens!

MzSeXyC
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

i would go to the ER. better safe than sorry is the way i look at it.

i had a low lying placenta when i was pregnant. at 34 weeks i started bleeding a good bit. turned out that i had a placental abruption. 

Ree12
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Do not wait for the Dr.. Go to the ER straight away. If the placenta has detached that baby has already been without oxygen for quite some time. It is never over reacting when you are bleeding for hours during late pregnancy

rhpudgey3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM

well the dr had the nurse call back and ask her a bunch of questions. and she's only bleeding if she pees... there's no blood otherwise.... so she's gona relay the responses the the dr and call back and they are gona have her come in for a pelvic... I told her if i was her I would be adiment about getting an ultrasound! god these dr's piss me off !  I keep trying to get her to go to the er.. and she said she's gona wait and see what her dr says to do, cuz they won't do anything at he er without her dr ..... UGH!!!!!! 

KristaP13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM

this..

Quoting katie_uszaki:

OK, YOU GUYS NEED TO GO TO THE ER NOW!! (not yelling, just put it in caps because I think it's important!!)  It's very important!! Bleeding in pregnancy should never be taken lightly!! Don't wait, please go for the baby's sake and the mom's!!  Let us know what happens!

katie_uszaki
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

They will do stuff at the er!  She needs to go for the sake of the baby!! Forget what the doctor is saying, this baby's life is way more important than some stupid, ignorant doctor!! I'm sorry, but any doctor who was in their right mind would have her go to the hospital!! She needs to go!!  I guess she's going to do what she wants though, but this baby could be in danger and staying home isn't going to help.

BlkChinaDoll
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

There is no such thing as only bleeding when you pee unless it is coming out of her bladder. If she is getting a pelvic then she needs to get it now, why wait? Waiting can't help it will only hurt if there is something going on. We can't blame the doctors if we are taking a backseat when it comes to our and our children's health! Lastly, they WILL do whatever they can do in the ER with or without her doctor.

Quoting rhpudgey3:

well the dr had the nurse call back and ask her a bunch of questions. and she's only bleeding if she pees... there's no blood otherwise.... so she's gona relay the responses the the dr and call back and they are gona have her come in for a pelvic... I told her if i was her I would be adiment about getting an ultrasound! god these dr's piss me off !  I keep trying to get her to go to the er.. and she said she's gona wait and see what her dr says to do, cuz they won't do anything at he er without her dr ..... UGH!!!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)