Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANyone want to help with ideas for my school project?ADDED ? in replys

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

Here is the topic:

how at least two technological advances of the modern period influenced the rise of the postmodern era

I want it to really stand out.  I know technological advances could be computer, social networks, cars, ect but I want it to be a GREAT paper (its my final YAY).  So any ideas?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM

bump

jbcmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM

how about cell phones. yrs ago they were a treat to have now everyone has them.

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

That would work as well

Mover
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Something most people forget is a calculater or a microwave oven.  My dad was an accountant and he loved his calculater.  He used an antique adding machine when I was little.

M0M0F03
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM

3-D ultrasounds?

M0M0F03
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

robotics used in surgery

junebug624
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

there's a type of radiation treatment machine out there.  It's fairly new and can pinpoint the exact position of a tumor in your body more accurate than most machines out there... I'll have to call my dad and ask him what they are called though, but they are expected to do better for cancer than chemotherapy does today.. ie it'll make you have less side affects from all the radiation and keep healthy cells living more

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

WOW ladies these are great!  Keep them coming!

newagemom700
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

camera's, the way pictures are developed (the equiptment used now compared to way back when pictures were being developed;i.e Hand VS. machine).....

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Well lets see the computer which led way to the internet, hence email, and real time chat has made more people less inclined to pick up a phone or write a paper letter to someone.  Kids aren't going outside to see if there friends are home they check the internet. They have led way to the social networking sites and as time goes we spend less and less time w/ face to face interaction with real people.  I see it as a blessing it has opened our eyes to the world of endless real time news from all over the world, but it has caused much strain on most relationships.  Marriages seem more threatened by internet dating, and dating has been revolutionized.  More and more people are looking for love online instead of the places they once looked such as Church, the gym and so forth.

Cellphones w/ the whole texting and pix messaging has also added to a lot of issues as well as blessings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)