Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

registered dd for school today

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

man i didnt think i was late this morning in getting to the school. registration started at 8:30am, and i got there at 7:45am. i walk in and its packed. i end up being number 42. i was like woah. so then i sit and they hand me the paper to fill out so i do it. it took a little over 30min to finally get to my number and that was just to go sit in another hall. well 15 minutes later they call 42. i had no idea for elementary there are so many statins.address verrification, nurse, income check, uniforms,  migrant/numbers, library, grade level then exit. they actually made a kindergardener take an oath to obey school rules, respect others, do homework and come to school daily and on time. we finally left like at 9:30am but before we left we stopped and got some free books the library was getting rid of. i had no idea it would take so long and that is cuz we are the smallest elementary in the city.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shecallsmemom04
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM

wow, ours does it by appointment.  much easier that way.  in and out.

but at least you did it and you don't have to worry about it.  good luck to you with the new school year. 

i DESPISE stupid people, and i DESPISE stupid people unwilling to educate themselves even more!!!!!!!

stefvan
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Wow.  I registered my 8th grader last week and was in and out in 30 minutes.  And, there are 600 in 8th grade.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Our district has early registration, so many did it in April. Late registration usually isn't so bad.  

melissa632
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Wow! Our was much easier. They set everything up in the cafeteria. They had the registration packets at each seat and you sat down, filled out the paperwork and then turned it in. They had tons of staff on hand to help with the process and it was really quick.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)