Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kindergarden required?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

i know that pre-kinder is not required but is kinder? i was thinking about this today at dds registration. i always thought pre-k was until i registered dd last yr and they told me it wasnt. just wondering...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Every state has different rules regarding this,  Although, in many states, Kindergarten is not actually required. 

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Here in GA it's a full complete day, just like any other grade.  It's required.

*God may delay, but is never departed*

jenn31
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM

kinder is not required in Texas; but if they are enrolled; they have to follow the same attendance rules as the other children. I think Kinder is great; and if your child gets it for free; then why not take advantage of it.

God Help Us.

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Most people assume it is required when it really isn't.  Here is a link showing requirements by state.

http://mb2.ecs.org/reports/Report.aspx?id=32

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Kindergarden is not required in Michigan or in Pennsylvania.

Photobucket

sadeyez11
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM

oh she is going to kinder this year. last year she went to pre-kinder and the year before she went to pre-k 3 at a charter school. too bad they dont offer the pre-k 3 anymore or ds would be enrolled there this year.

Quoting jenn31:

kinder is not required in Texas; but if they are enrolled; they have to follow the same attendance rules as the other children. I think Kinder is great; and if your child gets it for free; then why not take advantage of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)