Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharp Pains-34 weeks?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm having sharp pains on the right side of my now pretty large pregnant belly, I'm 34 weeks along and I never had these pains with my first pregnancy, the area that hurts is only about an inch in diameter, did anyone else experience this? should i be worried?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Michelle2080
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM

This could be a long shot...but with my 2nd pregnancy I had a tiny spot that hurt when I pushed on it. It ended up being a hernia. You can get them from the stretching....sometimes they repair themselves naturally after birth. I never had a problem with mine, I was told not to poke at it and not to lift anything over 5 lbs. Not sure if this could be your situation but I would maybe talk to your doc, sometimes hernias are serious.

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM

i would guess it is just the way that they baby is positioned. if u are worried, call your doc and explain to them what is going on 

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I had constant pains on my right side this last pregnancy, I think he was just sitting on nerves or something...I never figured it out... but it sucked. Rule of thumb, if you feel you need to see a doctor, then do so... if you dont feel like its a problem than dont worry. =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)