Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owed Back Child Support!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi Everyone!  My oldest child's father owes me almost $30K in back support!!!  Almost $20K in support plus interest!!!  I know I will never see a penny of it, especially since the last payment I got 2 weeks ago was THIRTY-NINE CENTS!!  (yes, they direct deposited 39 cents into my bank account)  I would love to be able to afford to hire an attorney & go after him but I probably still would never see a penny because at age 34, he is a free loader--jobless & has no place to live so he drifts from one couch to another.  Still, isn't there a website or something where I can post his lazy pic for everyone to see what scum he is  ;)

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elleinad
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM

You need to find out at what amount he is liable for jail time. If you owe enough, you need to be arrested and do time.

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

elleinad
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Also, file with your Department of Justice for a payment of arrears. This way, if he ever gets a job in the future, they will garnish not only paychecks, but tax refunds (which can sometimes be substantial) and deposit them directly to you.

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

KYChica
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM

lol I hate the child support system. 

gonna-wanna.com

type of girl

rebel0781
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Just call your local child support office. My husband has three other children from  a different relationship, and he was 12k and they locked him up for 5 months or until i could up enough money that they would accept in court. It really depends on where you live, we live in georgia. they come after you fast here. And the judges really don't care what you have to say, you are put in jail anyways. I would find out though, you didn't have them babies by your self. good luck!

craftyjessye32
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

LOL!!  Thanks for all your input - I had to laugh at this....I just found out he is serving 18 months in prison (not jail-PRISON) for failure to pay CS for his other son who is 6 months younger than mine - YES he is a cheater - so that would explain the 39 cents I received.  I guess she is getting the money he earns & I get the leftovers!!!

GOTTA LOVE THE SYSTEM!!!!

tracey111005
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM

In my town we have a place called Child Support Enforcement Agency. I had to go throught them. My ex is only $1300 behind but it is also set up that when he files taxes, the money he is behind goes to me automatically. And, if he stops paying again, he will have to go to court and pay the full balance on his court date or before and if he doesnt he goes to jail. I went there one time to get child support enforced and let me tell you, they are on top of things.

KYChica
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I don't understand why they put them in jail though ... I mean thats even LESS money the mother & child gets , plus that means he cannot see his child ... & any job that he DID have will probably not be there when he gets out ...again LESS money.

Quoting craftyjessye32:

LOL!!  Thanks for all your input - I had to laugh at this....I just found out he is serving 18 months in prison (not jail-PRISON) for failure to pay CS for his other son who is 6 months younger than mine - YES he is a cheater - so that would explain the 39 cents I received.  I guess she is getting the money he earns & I get the leftovers!!!

GOTTA LOVE THE SYSTEM!!!!

gonna-wanna.com

type of girl

MimiStacie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I posted this morning about Child support enforcement being a joke.  My daughter went to court yesterday to try and collect back  as well as current support.  They told him pay up and if he feels the amount needs to be adjusted he needs to petition the court. They gave him a "willfully non-compliant" ticket  or fine or whatever it is but the end result is that his son is still not being supported by his father either financially or emotionally. 

sxwalke
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

There is a website that assists you in collecting more than the state does. They charge like 40% of money collected but have a much higher rate than the state as well....I cant think of the site but if you are interested PM me and Ill find it.  They dont charge a dime if they dont collect

shecallsmemom04
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

how do you get interest on child support?  never heard of that.

Quoting craftyjessye32:

Hi Everyone!  My oldest child's father owes me almost $30K in back support!!!  Almost $20K in support plus interest!!! 

i DESPISE stupid people, and i DESPISE stupid people unwilling to educate themselves even more!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)