Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your parenting pet peeve?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM
  • 32 Replies

I know that everyone has their own opinions on raising children (sometimes very strong ones!).  So many topics that are constantly debated... breastfeeding, car seats, TV watching, etc etc.  We all have our own way of doing things, and it's not any of our places to judge other moms.  But is there one thing that really bothers you about the way other people parent their children?  My husband and I have friends that we used to spend time with before we became parents, but now that we have children we don't hang out with them because we cannot stand how they are with their kids.  They don't set any limitations for what their kids are allowed to do, they just let them do what they want.  Listen to whatever music, watch whatever movies, etc.  Their 3 year old watches Family Guy every day.  He told his mom "F** you!" when he was 2 years old.  It really gets under my skin!  So is there anything that other parents do that really makes you mad?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYChica
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

As long as they are not abusing their children , I really don't care how other people parent.

What I do hate is how other mothers criticise & bitch @ other mothers for the way they do things...

gonna-wanna.com

type of girl

Paesana82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM

There's LOTS of things that annoy me! I won't even list them because I'm sure some people will get offended. On the other hand I'm sure there's people who would get annoyed by things I so as well.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

momma2-3boys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM

My sister peeves me.  She just lets her children do anything and everything, they have no discipline.  She is lazy - that is what peeves me.

She will threaten to put them in time out over and over again and give them like 10 changes and never follows through.  She has the 10 year old step son watch them while she naps.  The children are 1 and 2 years old.  She thinks because she had them so close in age that it is so hard for her to do the "right" parenting way. 

Oh, how I could go on and on.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

A friend of mine is 21 and she has 4 kids, her most recent are twin baby girls which are so adorable but.....before she had her girls she would always let her 2 little bouys, ages 4 and 3 do whatever they wanted while she slept on the couch. and she still does it to this day.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Personally...the SAHM that think they are so great because they stay home with their little ones but then you are around the kids and they just dont teach them or work with them. What is the point of staying home then, what do you do all day with them all day? I have a play group of mommies that some of the children are older then my DD and she by far passes them when speaking, counting and things like that....I understand some children develop differently, the children dont have any developing issues, the mothers just dont bother.

Mover
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

My younger sister and I have totally different ways of parenting.  She lets her kids run the streets and pull food out of the fridge whenever and make a huge mess.  I was over at her house once and my then 3yo neice wanted shredded cheese.  There was cheese all over the house and kitchen.  She  sleeps when they were up and running around.  She lets them stay up until like midnight.  Her kids are 4,8 and 13.  My dd goes to bed at 8:00 every night. 

lovemymarine306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

the only thing i HATE is when i have friends who have a different parenting style and they try to persuade me to do things their way.  like when my 10 day old was crying, a friend said "don't pick her up, you'll only spoil her".  i just rolled my eyes and got my baby.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

mykidsrock321
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Parents that think they're perfect.

yoshiwife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM

people who are perfectly healthy who make no attempt to breastfeed

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Parents who cross the line between discipline into child abuse. Lazy parents. Parents who think they can do no wrong.

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)