Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like such a horrible mother!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I cant stop crying I dont know what the fuck is wrong with me. A while ago my son (4 yrs old) is always bothering my 4 month old this time I had enough he tried to throw the boppy at my son in the bouncer. So I told him he had to leave mommy's room and either go to his room or watch cartoons I was going to close my bedroom door not to lock him out but so he can know I had enough of his behavior my son turns back and as I closed the door he stuck his middle finger and I smashed it accidently.

I feel like everytime something happens to him it's me that causes it. Like I tell him to get off the bed so i'll pick him up and get him off my bed because of course he's doing something he shouldn't like jumping on the bed while the baby is on it etc. So then it turns out when I get him off he'll go and fall or something and then to top it off he'll say something like mommy hurt me. I just feel like a worthless piece of shit. I feel like I'm hurting him without intention but it hurts his feelings and he thinks I'm doing it on purpose? I get no help from my dh he works out of state majority of the time. Why do i feel so low of myself as a mother it hurts me to hear my son say I hurt him I didn't do it on purpose...

crying

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Did he stick  his middle finger up *at you*  ...or was it just that his middle finger got caught in the door?

KYChica
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I know ur situation is  hurting you & it's not funny @ all but I had to laugh because when I was little & something like that would happen , my mom would always say " That's what you get for not listening to me!" ... I catch myself saying it sometimes but I feel bad for it. 

gonna-wanna.com

type of girl

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

You're not doing it on purpose!! You didn't stick his hand in the door and smash it, nor did you throw him off the bed. Accidents happen! I know you feel terrible, but just explain to him that it was an accident and Mommy didn't do it, but Mommy feels bad that he got hurt. I just had to do this with my son yesterday! He was playing with his truck and I told him to put it away and he fell on the driveway while pushing it and skinned his knees and elbows. Poor guy! Just an accident! You can make it through this.  *HUGS*

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Quoting KYChica:

I know ur situation is  hurting you & it's not funny @ all but I had to laugh because when I was little & something like that would happen , my mom would always say " That's what you get for not listening to me!" ... I catch myself saying it sometimes but I feel bad for it. 

ErikaM27
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Quoting jjessers:

Did he stick  his middle finger up *at you*  ...or was it just that his middle finger got caught in the door?

no no not at all i guess he wanted to stop me from closing the door but I didn't see him and his middle finger got caught when i tried to close the door. I guess i just wanted a breather which is why i told him go watch cartoons I feel bad for even telling him to leave my room and wanting to have a minute of alone time. I'm just shitty today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)