Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a recipe

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

so im looking for some recipes on how to make flower tortillas. my mom makes them all the time but she doesnt right down recipes.

pregnancy

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM

has she shown you how to make them?

Can she just *talk* you through it?  

eddysmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

well she learned from her mom so its alot of handfulls and just watching it till it looks good. im not good at that im more of a measurement type person

Quoting jjessers:

has she shown you how to make them?

Can she just *talk* you through it?  

pregnancy

27wpreemiemommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons lard
  • 1 1/2 cups water

DIRECTIONS

1. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal. Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
  2. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla. Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side. Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer; continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough
25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I love homemade tortillas! haven't made any good ones since I moved outta Phoenix, 18 yrs ago. Now, they're too tough, Guess I roll 'em too thick and Cook at too low a temp.

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)