Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband just went into surgery....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
Yeah- my nerves are a tad shot right now. My husband has Wolfe Parkinson's White Syndrome. That means he has a nerve in his heart that is misfiring, causing his heartrate to increase dramatically. So the only way to fix it is a minor outpatient procedure called an ablasion. They are going to go in through his leg & attach EKG wires directly to his heart. Then they go in through the neck and fix the misfiring nerve.
They just took him in about half an hour ago. I'm so nervous FOR him. He's never had surgery before, he's never even stepped foot in the emergency room. So I know he's pretty nervous! Please say prayers for him, & if any of you know of anyone who's had this procedure, I would love to hear about your experience. Thanks!
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Wow!  That would be scary!  I'll keep you both in my prayers!

02nana07
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

prayingHOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I know the feeling hun...I've been through 5 surgeries w/ my husband...the last 2 being 6 hrs and 8 hrs long.....it was teeth wrenching!

I had to go outside hiding behind sunglasses  because the tears started welling up.

He made it out ok....and yours will too...you and he are in my thoughts and prayers...and I am sending plenty of

*Good Energy* your way

hugs

abmm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Saying a prayer for you and your Husband. Hope everything turn out Ok.

ldybugpj
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM
In my prayers.Let us know how it goes and best of luck.hugs

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Have an extremely close family friend that had this procedure done, like 3 times in one surgery. It is very scary! I will definatly pray for you and your husband and for the doctors! :-) Keep positive thoughts!

mommyinvt
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM

My dad has had this surgery 3 times. He has always had to stay a day or 2 after though. He will be just fine and it will be totally worth it when he is done. It may take more than one shot but they will get it.

My thoughts are with you.

Xstitchinmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I hope everything goes well today. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I do know how you feel. My dh rarely gets sick. He had emergency gallbladder surgery last year while we were visiting his folks in NY. It was so scary-different hospital, different doctors-but everything worked out fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)