Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

delivery room

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 40 Replies

My brother and my SIL are expecting their first child in a couple of weeks..my SIL mother decided for herself that she wanted to to be in the delivery room, my brother was so upset but so that he wouldn't upset my SIL he didn't say anything...he wants it to be just him and his wife., I thought it was rude of his MIL to offer herself without being asked...I didn't have anyone in the room other than my husband..what about you ladies...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carrieasia
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

i had dh, my mom and my mil in there with me. it is a personal choice and we both talked about it before we invited the moms in there.  thankfully we both felt the same way so it was an easy decision for us.

CafeMom Tickers

mommy_10
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I think the only people that should be in the delivery room is the mother to be and the father to be, plus the nurses and dr's that need to be present...the other people can wait after the baby is born to enjoy the new addition....

aarkat
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM

he should tell his wife how he feels.  he has much more rights in that position than mil.

i think all attendees should be discussed ahead of time and agreed upon.

mommywife06

Me and my husband. That was it. Every one else waited outside. Actually his parents nor my mom was there. It was my aunt, my cousin, my dad and stepmom. And his parents only lived like 5 minutes from the hospital.

MommyAnnaBanana

Your SIL needs to speak up now.  If she does not want her mother coming in the situation needs to be handled before she goes into labor.

My own mom was pretty upset because I didn't want her there.  /shrug

The birth of my child was not for her to witness.

mommyannabanana

Villanelle83

To each her own... I had my mom and my hubby's mom and my hubby in the room! :-D The doctor said only 2 allowed per hospital rules, but didn't care if everyone stayed if they weren't a problem! I would've had everyone stay, my brother, in laws, whoever... I wish I had a video to watch, too. I'm weird, though, probably...

Paesana82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

It was only me and DH, I did not and never would want anyone else in there with me.

If they don't want her mom in there, just tell her. IMO, the birth of your first child is a pretty big event and you should do things the way you want.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

cupcakemommyof9
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

With my oldest 7 it was my husband then my kids would come see me later to see the baby....but,for my youngest 2 we were allowed to have our kids in the room with us :).I wanted them to share that experience and they were happy about it.Was crowded with the doctor,nurses,me,husband,and 8 kids our last one,but the doctor is our best friend and he allowed it.I believe it's very important to have the daddy in the room,mostly because he helped make it.

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Quoting aarkat:

he should tell his wife how he feels.  he has much more rights in that position than mil.

i think all attendees should be discussed ahead of time and agreed upon.

It was my husband and his sister in the room with me.  His parents both died at age 57.

Summers_Promise
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I'm still deciding this, and at first I wanted everyone in there - lol. My sister, mom, his mom, my two close cousins.

But the closer we get with this pregnacy, the less scared I am, and the more intimate this thing feels for my hubby and I.

I'm starting to think that I just might not ask anyone to come in and let it be just us. How precious would that be!!!

Summer Loves Johnny (Married 4 years)

Expecting our first baby January 31st 2010.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)