Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keeping baby awake...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: i would like your opinion

Options:

let her sleep when she wants

try to keep her up a little more

other...explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

i have a 4 week old night-owl.  she wakes up at 2AM and nothing i do can get her back to sleep.  i remember keeping my older daughter up more during the day so she would know day is for play and night is for sleep.  but i feel that 4 weeks is a bit early to keep my baby awake when she wants to sleep...my other dd was much older when i did this.  what do you think?

shrugging

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
newagemom700
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I voted try to keep her up a little more.....but still let her have her naps. it is a little early, but you cant be up all night either...good luck

Paesana82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I would def try to keep her up a little more in the day....I mean of course she can still nap, but not for too long at one time. I would also make sure it's bright in your house in the day time, even if she's napping and I wouldn't be too quiet during the day.

Good luck!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

UpNorthMom218
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM

There is an awesome book that helped me survive all the strange sleep patterns that babies go through -- it's called "Healthy Sleep, Happy Baby" (or something like that) by Mark Wassenbleuth (he's a pediatrician in Chicago).  It is the only book that I STILL have in my nightstand and refer to from time to time.

Good Luck!

Lara
Mom of Seth

Happily working from home --join me!
www.workathomeunited.com/larap

sweetktn
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Just keep her up a little longer than she wants during the day, it's not like you're making her stay up for hours and hours and only have one or two naps. That's what peevs me, when I see moms forcing their itty bitty babies to stay up almost all day. Obviously if she's really cranky to bed she goes. PS my first son had days and nights mixed up many many times we would go grocery shopping between 2 and 4 am. Thank god for 24hr stores lol.

Lilypie
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)