Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gas station spin off

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM
  • 33 Replies

Who has gas stations that are full service? I live in Alabama, and i have never even SEEN one in my entire life!!! ALL of ours are self service..so im curious where these exist

*insert self discription here*

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

We have fuel attendants in town...and they don't even charge extra!

aarkat
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

in Oregon it's not legal to pump your own gas.

I live in n. cal, and i think we have one full service station in town (it's a small town).  Most stations here are self-serve.

fallnangel93
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

We used to have them all over the place here in Pittsburgh. I havent seen on in years. I think there might be one over by where my parents used to live, but im not even 100% sure that one is still full service.

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I have not seen many full service gas stations in the last 15 years.  I wish we had them, I would be willing to pay more for gas and would drive a bit out of my way to get to a station that offered that service.

mommyannabanana

AJmum
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM

We had one and they closed, I am in NH. Where did they all go?

Mandymb
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I'm in Alabama too and have never seen one! 

in love                blowing bubbles                 baby girl

Nick and Mandy                       Anna 4                                  Ella 2

sunshine21pa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Quoting fallnangel93:

We used to have them all over the place here in Pittsburgh. I havent seen on in years. I think there might be one over by where my parents used to live, but im not even 100% sure that one is still full service.

Im from the Pittsburgh area too! There is one near me and thats the only one I no of

Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

NJ is only full service.  Like Ore. it's illegal to pump your own gas.  The best part is that gas in NJ is relatively cheap.  I live in MD, and my family is in upstate NY, so we drive through NJ a lot!  I love filling up in NJ, because it saves me money, and I don't have to get out of the car!

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Same here. I'm in Armstrong County and I haven't seen one in years. They all shut down or switched to self serve.

Quoting fallnangel93:

marshsmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Many years ago I drove from South Carolina to Rhode Island.  At some point on I-95 I was in a place where it was illegal to pump your own gas, they wouldn't let me out of the car at the pump, I had to pull around and park.  It was like that for most of te way on I-95.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)