Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone live in Minneapolis?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

Well my DH was offered a deal to go to work in Minneapolis for a few months, so this is just a temporary thing. It would start in October, well...all we really know about Minnesota is...lakes? We know it's in the Lyndale (sp?) area...so my question is, is it a nice area? Are there any good preschools there? How much would an apartment be that is at least 2 bedrooms?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
newagemom700
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I live in West st. paul, MN....(right outside of st. paul...) so we're close to mnpls. If its in the lyndale area...it kinda depends on EXACTLY where your at.....as far as good neighborhoods go...i am not very fimiliar with mpls....but i do know its 50/50. you dont have to move to mnpls though there are tons of surrounding cities within 10-15 minutes (driving). a 2bedroom apartment (again, depending on the area) is on average $700-900. you might be better off renting a duplex deal or soemthing...but there are tons of places to look! I love MN! october is when it starts getting chilly though.....but the fall here is BEAUTIFUL!!!! and there are so many places to go here....anyways...if you need anything message me, and i'll see what i can help with!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM

wave

Hi,

If you'd like to find CafeMom members in your area, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - Find Moms In Your Area - Click Here!.

Hope that helps!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

shortyk2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Im from Lakeville.. Dont know much about Minneapolis. But I used to live in Bloomington which isn that far away and I really liked it there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)