Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$200 cash added to Food stamp card

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 28 Replies

I saw a post yesterday about anyone who has the food stamp card was getting a $200.00 cash deposit for people that had school age children is this true and what states

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I think that was for NY.

slpydpy6
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Yes it's true and I belive it's only NY

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

BUMP

dawnjohnson5
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM

She was in New York, but I haven't heard any more talk about it. 

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Thanks

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

She was in New York, but I haven't heard any more talk about it. 

aleciamarie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

It is in NY, and it is not just for school aged children...it is for families who recieve food stamps and have any children.  It is $200 per kid.  It is NOT regulated, so for all NYS knows, parents could be going out and buying stuff for themselves.  It's pretty ridiculous of you ask me, and I live here in NY.  I am totally disgusted.  I think people have lost accountability for themselves, and why should anyone try and help themselves is the government is going to be right there with something else for free?

savannahnhi
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Quoting aleciamarie:

It is in NY, and it is not just for school aged children...it is for families who recieve food stamps and have any children.  It is $200 per kid.  It is NOT regulated, so for all NYS knows, parents could be going out and buying stuff for themselves.  It's pretty ridiculous of you ask me, and I live here in NY.  I am totally disgusted.  I think people have lost accountability for themselves, and why should anyone try and help themselves is the government is going to be right there with something else for free?

Thank you.    if you support yourself; you get NOTHING.  if you are on food stamp; you get more money.  It is pathetic.  No wonder why people never want to get off of PA.

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I have not heard anything about it, but if you qualify, I hope you get the money!

Best of luck!

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Quoting aleciamarie:

I agree with you.

momof4520
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM

There is not a day that goes by that I wish I was on DES however if I didn't have it we couldn't make it, it costs more in daycare to work then for me to be a stay at home Mom and with min wage on 6.15 were screwed. Please do not talk down about people who receive assistance we need it to survive and not all of us abuse it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)