Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bug bombs... spinoff question

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

I saw a question about flea bombs and it got me thinking. This weekend we are leaving to go see family two hours away, and before we leave we'll be setting off bug bombs (for ants... we've tried everything else).  I know you're supposed to wash everything down (toys, furniture, dishes) for the kids sake but my daughter isn't coming back with us this weekend, she's spending two weeks at grandma's house. So Do I need to wash down her toys, and furniture? Will the poison still be on them after two weeks?

pregnancy due date
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
so.this.is.love
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I would clean them.  I don't know how long it lasts...but I would definitely wipe down all her furniture and wash all her bed linens.  if you don't want to deal with the toys, you could pack them in those plastic storage containers with lids so they aren't exposed to the bombs.  i would clean anything that does have direct contact with the bombs, though.

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I would still wash everything down. You also have to remember to wipe down the coffee table, the tv remote, all your dishes, the kitchen cabinets, the fridge, the kitchen counters, light switches, ALL your furniture.................. and the list goes on and on...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)