Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If PA, bothers you so much?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 96 Replies

Then why not do something about it? Like if you know that your child's best friend parents are on PA(I know everyone always has that friend on PA that drives an Escalade on twenties, and wears Prada, you post about them enough). Why not invite your child's friend over to show them something different, or volunteer in a big brother/sister programs, or actually try to help someone out maybe a teen mom, or someone who  doesn't have a lot of support? I think the main problem with most of these people is that they never see another way. Like there mom was on PA had her kids at 16, and so they do the same thing. Its like they don't know any different or better.  Why do you all(just the ones that complain all the time about PA) do nothing then get mad that people are abusing our system? If you don't care to help fix the issue then will it really help it to just complain about it? 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

It really is their way of life cause it's like 3rd-4th generations of people on PA and it's all they know. And in a way I believe the government is trying to keep them that way, and keep them dependent on their support. It's sad really.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I belive  that to a point also. I mean if we really wanted to change thing than people who know better could, but it seems not enought people car so I wonder why so many people complain.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

It really is their way of life cause it's like 3rd-4th generations of people on PA and it's all they know. And in a way I believe the government is trying to keep them that way, and keep them dependent on their support. It's sad really.

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I don't get PA. DH and I work hard for the things we have. God blesses us for our hard work. 

Mandymb
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I don't know anyone on PA. But good ideas!

in love                blowing bubbles                 baby girl

Nick and Mandy                       Anna 4                                  Ella 2

mysteriousmom06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM

DH & I work hard for the things we have too but that didn't stop his motorcycle accident. We had to be on medical insurance for the 6 months he was out of work. Just b/c you work hard doesn't mean that accident don't happen.

Quoting mirandar2001:

I don't get PA. DH and I work hard for the things we have. God blesses us for our hard work. 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I know this is the whole point of the post I dont either. lol

Quoting mirandar2001:

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

So how would you walk up to a friend and say "I hate that your on PA, come to my house and let me show you how you're suppose to live?"

mcsmom99
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I don't know anyone on PA.  I do like your suggestions though!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

So people who "whine" about the abuse of PA should step up and do something for those abusing instead of stopping those that abuse it? Yah...makes a lot of sense there. Why cant those who abuse come over and wash my car for me and maybe they can learn some work ethic.

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I don't complain about it though, I don't know other peoples stories, so i'm not going to assume they are scumbags leeching off the government.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)