Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok might be confusing..but I think this is messed up!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

My best friend txt me and tells me shes been rekindiling an "old friendship" with someone she hasn't talked to in over a year.

My other friend a fellow CMer txt me and says.. "How funny your bff knows my cousin (the friend)"

A couple days later my bff is talking to me about this friend, and how they've been getting along great and talking a lot.. I think, its no big deal. We live in Mich, and he lives in Indiana.. well my friend rambles on about a long distance relationship. She is terrible at NON long distance relationships and so I tell her its going to be a giant waste of time & not to look too much into it.. She is pretty much an idiot that believes any thing a guy will tell her. She mentions hes talking about moving to Mi in a year so I tell her.. great, then maybe think about dating him then but don't go and set yourself up to get hurt. Today she does one of those stupid surveys on myspace talking about how the last guy she talked to was this guy from IN and she wishes she could make out with him, etc.. so I know they've been chatting/camming it up and getting a little close..

Come to find out.. this dude is "happily" married.. Living w/his wife and everything. My bff doesn't know I know this information yet. I txt my fellow friend (the CMer) to double check that her cousin is infact married, and that he does in fact live in IN to make sure I'm seeing its the right guy and sure enough its been confirmed.. Funny how my bff doesn't mention that her newly rekindled "friendship" is with a married man.. it puts her in a different light for me. Think I should do/say anything? I'm not one to be up in peoples business but she must know its not right because she failed to mention the fact to me that he is married when she told me all about this guy.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanut0629
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Are you sure she is aware that he is married?  Maybe he is keeping that detail from her.

boy on a swingMommy to the best little guy in the world!

_rexie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM

yes I am positive because they are friends on facebook & myspace.. I havent seen his FB but his myspace has his status as being married, and has a lot of pics of him with his wife.

_rexie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM
bump!
MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I would definitely say something to her.. One of my friends was in the same situation but she didn't know he was married tell she looked at his pictures on myspace.. She told him to go f-himself and cut all communications with him...

boy on a swingAden Jacob (4-20-2008)

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I think she didn't tell you (this may be obvious) because she knows that you won't approve.  Perhaps she doesn't want a relationship to come to fruition, just have the fantasy.  You said that she stinks at NON long distance relationships.  Anyway, yeah, I think you should talk about it with her.  You can't really be bffs with mistrust there.  Good luck =-)

With light and love.

ladyhazel77
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Idk.  Maybe she doesn't realize he's married or is telling her he is separated or something.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

lovemymarine306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

i know this might sound harsh, but i think woman who try to get with happily married men are horrible.  and you should let her know that you know he's married...she can find her own man.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

TamaraAnn888
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Quoting ladyhazel77:

Idk.  Maybe she doesn't realize he's married or is telling her he is separated or something.

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I think she didn't tell you (this may be obvious) because she knows that you won't approve.  Perhaps she doesn't want a relationship to come to fruition, just have the fantasy.  You said that she stinks at NON long distance relationships.  Anyway, yeah, I think you should talk about it with her.  You can't really be bffs with mistrust there.  Good luck =-)

I'd talk to her just to see if he's lying to her about being married,  Like if he's saying he's divorced or separated.  I'd tell her the truth.  She should know the truth before she gets her hopes up about this guy, and gets hurt again.

hautemama83
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Me too, happy or not, if someone is married and the divorce is not in the works then IMO you're nothing more than a trashy homewrecker.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i know this might sound harsh, but i think woman who try to get with happily married men are horrible.  and you should let her know that you know he's married...she can find her own man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)