Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do, people say one thing and take it back......?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

Here is the deal. I am seperated from my dh. He has problems and can not function. I stood by him for a long time as a support. Told I was enabling him and to seperate myself. Well I seperate myself and hear from his parents all the time how I should find someone who treats me right.

My dh says he does not want to see my girls if I will not let him live with me. He went away due to his own irresposability and getting DUI's. He says he plans on going somw where to live and I'm thinking maybe I should file before he is harder to track down.

So I mention this to MIL and how I really do not feel things will get worked out and it might be best to file now. Now she is like...well things are not going to get resolved right away. WTH?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Also, does anyone know how to break a covenant marriage license?

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Maybe your MIL is afraid she won't be able to see the kiddos if you file?  I think you should do whatever you think is right for you and your kiddos.  It dosen't sound like you feel like there's any hope of things working out between you and your dh.  I guess i would do it now since you know where your dh is, if you wait to file later on you may have problems finding him.  But i wouldn't wait too long to file.

Mena929
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I didn't know what it was and when googled it says a lot about how it is harder to break a covenant marriage..... You have to do couseling before you can even think about a divorce.... GL and HUGS

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Anyone have to break one?

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I think your mil is giving you some bad advice,imo..do what you feel is right for you! 

Lilypie
Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I feel like a Yo-Yo on a string.

mahrmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

From googling, it looks like your best bet is to move to a state that doesn't have the covenant marriage option.

Do what is best for you and your little ones. Good luck!

redhead-bedhead
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

heres a stupid question... whats a covenant marriage license?

Quoting Mamamanic:

Also, does anyone know how to break a covenant marriage license?

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM

It is an optional licence that you can get. Harder to break. Usually you have to do counselling for a period time to resolve your marriage. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten out of one because one person was not a part of the family and ran off all the time. Isn't that breaking marriage vows or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)