Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Claiming poverty..?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
My husband is telling people that he has no money for food and his landlord is working with him on rent otherwise he wouldn't have a place to live. He said I take every last dime he makes and I'm running up bills in his name and leaving him with the bills. He's bought one pack of diapers in the last month and that's all I've gotten from him. And the only bill that got ran up was the cell bill cos he shut my phone off and was charged a termination fee. I charged my phone to his bill but offered to pay it and he won't respond to me about it. Can he claim poverty to get out of child support? He's been working overtime. 50 hours last week and worked 12 hour days Monday and Tuesday so he can't be that broke. He makes over $15 an hour...
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TLVS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Not really.  He will be charged child support based on what he makes at work.  Not by what his bills are.  At least that is how it is here.

BrandonsMom1000
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

If he is being paid legally, I think they can garnish his wages for the support.

treehugger823
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

They go by his income, not by how much his bills are or how much you supposedly take from him.

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)