Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BORED WITH SAME SUPPERS EVERY WEEK!WHAT DO YOU HAVE

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM
  • 29 Replies

I fix the same thing just about every week and would like a change for example day 1-hamburger/fry-day2-pancakes and eggs-day3-spaghetti and garlic bread-day4-beans and cornbread-day5-hamburger helper of some kind and potatoes and grnbeans-DAY6-eatout-Day 7- hotdogs and tatortots.See why i'm so sick of the same thing?Please give me an example of your week i'd greatly appreciate it!!!PS do you havea type of bread everynite ?Do you have a snack everynite or just on weekend.I bake a cake just on weekend and the snack on whatevr during week

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM

have you tried the asian chicken helper? it is soooo good. we always get another boxed meal that you add chicken too they are macaroni grill meals, they have a lot of the same things as the restuarant. we have grilled cheese and soups, spanish rice (hamburger meat, rice, onion, diced tomato) we also get those pasta salad boxes and add chicken, or you can get a whole chicken, they are under 5 dollars and put them on a coke can in the oven for like an hour 1/2.

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Pizza Pasta! It's great!

3 cups penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
4   tomatoes (1-1/2 lb.), chopped  - I use a can of diced Italian tomatoes - can also use some pizza sauce
12 slices OSCAR MAYER Hard Salami, chopped  - I also add pepperoni
1 cup  KRAFT Natural Italian* Cheese Crumbles - I haven't been able to find so just use shredded Italian cheese
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil  - I omit
1/2 cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing

I also add some squares of mozzarella cheese

We add in mushrooms and black olives and pepperoni.  You can customize it to whatever you like. It's suppose to be eaten cold, but we LOVE it hot! It's quick and easy! :-)

*Edit* What about potroast, or bbq ribs in the crock pot/slow cooker? They have liners and you wouldn't have to be in the kitchen all day cooking. There's TONS of stuff you can cook in the crock pot.

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Lets see.

Homeade pizza

spaghetti and meatballs

mushroom linguini

chicken corn chowder

chili

roasted chicken and new potatoes

chicken cordon bleu pasta

tuna hotdish

hamburger hotdish.

These are just a few go-to things I might make. I am big on portion meals that will feed us for a few days. We have some sort of dessert offered every day, usually ice cream sundae. I might make a dessert on the weekends, but not always.

baileighsmom007
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quoting RypTyd1999:

Pizza Pasta! It's great!

3 cups penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
4   tomatoes (1-1/2 lb.), chopped  - I use a can of diced Italian tomatoes - can also use some pizza sauce
12 slices OSCAR MAYER Hard Salami, chopped  - I also add pepperoni
1 cup  KRAFT Natural Italian* Cheese Crumbles - I haven't been able to find so just use shredded Italian cheese
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil  - I omit
1/2 cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing

I also add some squares of mozzarella cheese

We add in mushrooms and black olives and pepperoni.  You can customize it to whatever you like. It's suppose to be eaten cold, but we LOVE it hot! It's quick and easy! :-)

*Edit* What about potroast, or bbq ribs in the crock pot/slow cooker? They have liners and you wouldn't have to be in the kitchen all day cooking. There's TONS of stuff you can cook in the crock pot.

that sounds awsome. i am so stealing that recipe and making tomorrow or this weekend.

Maedaze810
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

we have polish sausage and fried potatoes, tacos, nachos, white chicken chili, crockpot meals, lasagna, grilled chicken,

my favorite site is recipezaar.com check it out!

Daisy1124
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Stuffed Shells

Turkey Sausage with fried ons and green peppers

Tacos

homemade pizza

Meatball subs

Hamburgers with FF

Hotdogs with Pasta salad

sheppards Pie

Rice a roni

Meatloaf with mashed potatos

Lasagna

Grilled Cheese with Tomato soup

Steak and baked potatos

Goulash

lemon pepper chicken

monica527
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Chicken goes along way and you can do so much with it. I like to make baked chicken,what ever is left I will make chicken tacos or chicken salad. What about meat loaf, fancy sandwiches. I am also a fan of frozen pasta meals I stretch those out by adding more veggies and noodles to it. Tyson chicken or beef patties have it in a bun or serve it with taters and corn.

monica527
Pinkyzlamb
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

this is one i came up with when its all i had to cook one night. my family loves it and its easy to me

tex mex noodles

1 to 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
taco seasoning pack
1 bag (1lb) of rotini noodles(spiral shaped pasta)
1 16oz can of refried beans
shredded cheddar cheese

make hamburger like the seasoning pack tells you to. cook noodles drain... when hamburger is done add to noodles and stir. then in the same pan you made the hamburger in put the beans with 1/2 can of water. heat beans and water until mixed well and bring to a boil. stir into noodles. put on a plate top with a handful of cheese!

lol to me its easy and really good

Lisa_729
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

We make Beef Stroganoff, spaghetti, homemade pizza, chicken of some sort, pork of some sort, meatballs and gravy over rice or noodles, chicken and rice, my family's take on homemade mac and cheese, chicken and salsa.

Just some of the things that we make.  I love to go to allrecipes.com, kraftfoods.com, meals.com, and recipezaar.com to find new recipes.

Melo2828
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I have meal plans for two weeks example

Mon- baked chicken and rice,

Tues-spaghetti with garlic bread

Wed-pork chops,with rice and mashed potatoes

Thurs-hamburger, baked beans, corn

Friday-cabbage pita bread, really good, has ground beef and cabbage stuff in pita bread

saturday-taco's

Sunday- Chicken soup- different vegges, rice, chicken cooked together yumm..LOL

--------------------

Mon- Beef Bake

Tues-fried chicken,mashed potatoes, mac& cheese

Wed- enchiladas

Thurs-hot dogs, mac&cheese

Friday-  go out to eat once every two weeks

saturday--cheesy chicken casserole

Sunday- hambuger helper--beef pasta

There a few recipes that i do at least once every two weeks, other i rotate though..I get tried of eating the same thing all the time. So i cook diffrent things, i will ask people how to make things, also i go online looking up diffrent recipes to try as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)