Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of pointless..... **** EDIT*****

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM
  • 95 Replies

So I was talking to my friend on the phone and I was making lunch. She asked what I was making and one of the answers was a cheese toastie... she said what is a cheese toastie and I asked her if she was serious. And I then proceeded to explain how a cheese toastie was made. And she replied... OH a grilled cheese. I don't know if she was just playing an airhead role or if she really didn't know what a cheese toastie was. I was born and raised in Central Illinois, she was born and raised in Texas and just moved here recently. I didn't know if the name in which it was used, Grilled Cheese, or Cheese Toastie was a region thing. Where are you ladies from and what is it to you. GC or CT?

I was shocked at the responses of never have heard of a Cheese Toastie before. Another question.... do you eat your GRILLED CHEESES with katsup? Cheese Toasties w/ katsup are a tradition here.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carlinaiden
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Yea im with your friend on that one, i would be a bit confused

nikkikry
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I'm in NY and we say grilled cheese. I've never ever heard of a cheese toastie and would have asked you what the heck you were talking about too.

CafeMom Tickers

in love I Married My High School Sweetheartttc

cjsmom0206

Grilled Cheese. I grew up in the upper mid-west, lived in TX too....never heard of cheese toastie. 

KMAsMommy9182

I grew up in California, have lived in Arizona, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, and New Hampshire, and have NEVER heard the term cheese toastie!

juliette12

Definately grilled cheese,I never heard  about the tostie thing...I live in Colorado...

mahrmom

I am in east central Illinois and wouldn't have known what a cheese toastie was, lol. We call them grilled cheese.

LuvmySFSGT

I don't know what a Cheese Toastie is either...and I have lived in California, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, NC, SC, TN and Kentucky.

meganjjones

I'm in eastern iowa and its grilled cheese here.  I had to read to find out what you were talking about.  Never heard of a cheese toastie.

ProudMom9799

grilled cheese in nj

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I have never heard of a cheese toastie.  I have lived in the Midwest and the West coast.  We always called it grilled cheese.

mommyannabanana

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)