Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a problem....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM
  • 24 Replies

So i think my husband is allergic to chicken and i LOVE the stuff..every time he eats it he gets sick to his stomach...first time, we thought it was bad chicken, but taht was over 3 years ago, and it still happens (i dont make chicken much because of it)

Im trying to make a grocery list, and googled, and searched CM for what other people get...but a lot of it is chicken...and im totally lost...so what does your typical grocery list look like?? Im trying to start eating healthier, since having my son and im nursing i need to...plus its good for everyone else...so any ideas on meals or anything is also welcome...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

if he can't eat chicken and you want to go healither...how about fish?

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

BrandonsMom1000
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Does he like seafood?  There are tons of fish recipes on cooks.com.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

ugh no he hates fish...he says it stinks (i agree it does, but still i ilke it sometimes)...i like it, and make tuna for me and my daughter, but he finds it and throws it out because he thinks its bad cuz it makes the fridge stink

Quoting maciymommieof3:

if he can't eat chicken and you want to go healither...how about fish?

treehugger823
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

try pork chops. anything you can do to a boneless, skinless chicken breast you can do to a porkchop. (nearly everything.) and pork's not bad for you. however if you still want to eat chicken, thaw out enough pork for him and enough chicken for everyone else, and just make it all the same.

pregnancy due date
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

No just beef...and pork, cant forget the pork *rolls eyes*

Quoting BrandonsMom1000:

Does he like seafood?  There are tons of fish recipes on cooks.com.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I have seriously thought about doing that...because im craving chicken enchiladas again, and when i made it he got sick...maybe ill just make him a pork chop and potatoes and veggies....

Quoting treehugger823:

try pork chops. anything you can do to a boneless, skinless chicken breast you can do to a porkchop. (nearly everything.) and pork's not bad for you. however if you still want to eat chicken, thaw out enough pork for him and enough chicken for everyone else, and just make it all the same.

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Does turkey bother him? You can substitute that for any chicken dish. Also pork works well. I make all sorts of things. We are meat eaters and eat a variety of dishes, both meat and vegetarian. 

Macsmom08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Try to marinade some pork chops in A-1 Marinade and broil them in the oven! They are so freaking good....and juicy! It's pretty quick too if you have a broiler. It takes like 20 minutes maybe!

7babies4me
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Maybe you can do a mixed grill, chicken, steak, sausages all at one time but keep the chicken on one side so they don't touch.  That way you both get something yummy.   

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

What about brautz and mashed potatoes?  Not sure why but they taste good together.  A strifry made with beef rouladen and whatever else you want to put in the sitrfry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)