Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for working mommys..... how do you do it?????

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM
  • 26 Replies

how do you cope with leaving  your kids??? i been back to work has a CNA for 4 months now and dd is taking it hard. i only work 3 days a week sometimes 4 if i am lucky and for like anywhere from 4 to 7 hours a day in the evening. but my 3 yr old is taking it hard she is making me feel so bad she cries and gives me that lip when i have to leave and says mama i want you to stay home with me. that is not a option we have a car payment we just got this car and tons of other bills but i feel like such a failure has a mommy i want to be home for her anyone else feel like this??? i love my career dont get me wrong and dh watches her we work different shifts  to avoid daycare but still it hurts

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I have been doing it for the last 9 years...I love my career,,I have worked long and hard to get to the "almost" top..Now, In my case...my dh is a stay at home dad....so that makes me feel better.......my kiddo's never had to go to daycare....

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

ya mine either daddy watches her but still it makes me feel bad

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I have been doing it for the last 9 years...I love my career,,I have worked long and hard to get to the "almost" top..Now, In my case...my dh is a stay at home dad....so that makes me feel better.......my kiddo's never had to go to daycare....

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I don't feel sad or guilty.  I love my career.

LoudMouthMomma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I actually like to go to work. I don't think missing your children or wanting to be at home is wrong though. It was tough for me at first, but it's beneficial to my family. Do you HAVE to work? I mean, you're making enough after childcare expenses? (assuming you pay)

I barely profit after paying daycare, but it's more than I would get NOT working. If you aren't making too much more, can you try and stay home a while and see if you can afford it?

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

i love mine too but still it hurts

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I don't feel sad or guilty.  I love my career.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

no we went through all our bills and we cant. i dont pay daycare dh watches her we work diff shifts but its just hard

Quoting LoudMouthMomma:

I actually like to go to work. I don't think missing your children or wanting to be at home is wrong though. It was tough for me at first, but it's beneficial to my family. Do you HAVE to work? I mean, you're making enough after childcare expenses? (assuming you pay)

I barely profit after paying daycare, but it's more than I would get NOT working. If you aren't making too much more, can you try and stay home a while and see if you can afford it?

LaceyAva
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Every day that I wake up and have to work,, but it just not an option for us right now. I hate it, my years are being ripped away from me and we'll never get them back.

Lacey

marshsmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I totally understand what you are saying, and I honestly don't know how I manage to cope.  My son stays home everyday and my mother comes and watches him.  I go home for lunch everyday and for the most part he does okay, but there are days when he cries and doesn't want me to leave.  It hurts my heart that I can't be with him all day everyday but it just isn't feasible.  I just do what I've got to do and make the most of the time I am with him.

ETA:  It's not the quantity of time spent it's the quality that really matters!  Someone told me that once...it didn't make me feel much better but it helped a little.

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

That sounds so strange to me.  How many hours do you work?

My thing is I didn't go to college for six years, earn a Master's degree, and get my dream job only to give it up once I had kids.  I have the best of both worlds, and we can afford to take great trips and not struggle.

Quoting LaceyAva:

Every day that I wake up and have to work,, but it just not an option for us right now. I hate it, my years are being ripped away from me and we'll never get them back.

Lacey

SlapHappi
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Unfortunatly I have to go to work....  My three oldest live with their dady (long story.. and not that happy of one) and then my SO and I have a soon to be 3 month old.  I was a stay at home mommy with my three oldest kids, and did that from the minute I got pregnant with my first in '00 until '08.  Then we got divorced and now I'm dealing with the whole daycare crap.  Now don't get me wrong I am looking forward to bringing in money, we could sure use it, but the thought of having someone else raise my baby when I got to be there for everything her siblings did... breaks my heart.  This of course would be one of not many downfalls to getting divorced. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)