Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health care

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  • 55 Replies

OK..... this might piss some people off, but im not bashing obama... i dont like him and i didnt vote for him, but he is our president and really, thats that. me throwing a fit or bitching about it isnt going to change anything :)

Ok. well, i am honestly opposed to the unified, general healthcare crap... from what i've read, its going to be given to all citizens...and personally, it seems quite communist to me... I AM NOT CALLING OBAMA COMMUNIST. But, the same healthcare all around, regardless of how much you make? Thats how everything is in Communist countries.... And to me, why do people who DONT work (not counting those who cant, im mainly talking about those who choose not to) deserve the same things that those Americans who work and have more money? I mean, I feel that things should be rewards, not rights... i dont think things should be handed to you just because..

But thats just me

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanaT2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I haven't read up on this healthcare thing Obama is throwing out there. I do know, from a friend from Canada. That all people are treated the same. Which he feels is wrong. this is why. his mother needed a hip replacement and could afford to pay for a better type than what was offered. The government said NO.

A comment about "those people who choose not to work". Chances are they are getting free health care that we are already paying for with our hard earned money - taxes. JMO

AMarineLovesMe
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Amen momma!  Sadly people are getting more and more accustomed to getting something for nothing and being rewarded for laziness. 

grammarpolice
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:54 PM

It seems to me that those who are not working get MORE. Everything covered and no copays.

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Every American deserves to be healthy. Not saying that I agree with the Proposed Health Care Plan but Communism has some good ideas, as does almost every form of government.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Soo cuz someone  doesnt work or doesnt make as much money dont deserve healthcare and should just be left to die??

USMCBride08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Yes. thats exactly what I said :eyeroll:

I was merely stating my opinion that we should NOT have generalized healthcare. I do feel that those of us who works and pay for private insurance SHOULD have better care than those who do not. Medicaid is fine, but in no way shape or form should it be the BEST care either..

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Soo cuz someone  doesnt work or doesnt make as much money dont deserve healthcare and should just be left to die??

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

TLVS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I am a SAHM, so I don't work and I think it is crap that you think I should get less health care because I don't make any money.  Personally, I would love to have a shot at decent healthcare.  We pay $500.00 a month for insurance and have a $4,500 deductable.  Even though we have had two children we have never met that deductable because they won't cover childbirth.  So, in 2007 and in 2008 we spent over $12,000 each year on healthcare and none of it went toward our deductable and our insuarnce didn't help with a bit of it.  I would LOVE to have a chance to get decent and less expensive health care.

I don't think Health Care should be something that is only for the rich.  Health Care should be something that is there for everyone. 

Logankaismommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM

This universal healthcare has been tried in other countries and has failed already. I don't know why anyone thinks america will be any different if we do it here. If this really happens...the QUALITY of our healthcare is going to plummet and we will all be unhappy....it doesn't matter if its free if you are not getting the proper care you need!

breastfeeding

jcsg
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM

So your basically saying that because I am on Medicaid (because my company didn't offer insurance and my husband is laid off) than your family deserves better medical coverage than mine? 

Quoting USMCBride08:

Yes. thats exactly what I said :eyeroll:

I was merely stating my opinion that we should NOT have generalized healthcare. I do feel that those of us who works and pay for private insurance SHOULD have better care than those who do not. Medicaid is fine, but in no way shape or form should it be the BEST care either..

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

7babies4me
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

No, it doesn't "piss me off" that we have different opinions. An educated debate, where everyone is heard and has time to hear others is a perfectly reasonable thing to have.  BTW.. it is socialized medicine not communist.  And yes, he is our president and I'm still not sure that's such a great thing either. 

But I do believe that poverty is a man made problem, and not covering people with pre-existing conditions is wrong. That telling a family their child doesn't deserve care because they have the wrong insurance plan or job is unbelievablly cruel. 

I have read the bill and they try to be fair.  And if you make more money, you are welcome to go pay for a doctor that charges more than the insurance allows.  It also gives you the option of keeping your current coverage. 

Since your husband is in the military, you get military insurance, not everyone has that luxury.  All I am asking is the option to get coverage for my family and other families who don't qualify for whatever reason.  Mine is being self employed with pre-existing conditions.  I make too much money to get pa, and refuse to lower my standard of living.  I don't want to fire my employees so I can get insurance, that's not right either.  I don't have enough employees to be able to qualify for group coverage either. 

But offering an option for everyone is necessary to get people basic health care.  My grandmother paid 2 cherry pies to the doctor that helped her have my dad.  I paid, after insurance, 29,000 for one of my children who was born early.  There has to be a reasonable way to get care for everyone, not just the privilaged few. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)