Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccination??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay this will probably turn into a debate. but just keep it clean.

I have a question out of curiousity. I was watching some fictional court show the other day and the case they were working was about how a toddler got the measels (this child had not been vaccinate) from another women's child whom had not been vaccinated.

My question is for those who do not vaccinate. What if you were the mother of the inital case of x disease or what have you that can be vaccinated for. How would it make you feel that your child is the reason another is dead. or visa-versa? What if you were the mother whos child died b/c you and another woman chose not to vaccinate.

FYI. I do vaccinate my DD. I'm not against non-vaccing or select vaccing. I'm just wondering.

*~JEANE ALICIA~*
ELIZABETH LEIGHANN's
MOMMY!
Friend, Wife, Mother, House Keeper, Errand runner, Bill payer, Money maker, Picture taker, Personal Chef...Really what more could you want???

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ElizaBearsMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM

bump   Nobody has an opinion?

USMCBride08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Not with what your asking :) i fully vax for those exact reasons. :)

number of children w/o vaccines rises=number of deadly cases of those diseases rises

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

ElizaBearsMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM
That's my reasoning too. thank you for your input!
Quoting USMCBride08:

Not with what your asking :) i fully vax for those exact reasons. :)

number of children w/o vaccines rises=number of deadly cases of those diseases rises

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Was it Law and Order?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

3earthangels
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I think I seen that. The non-vaccinated child got it from a vaccinated child who was a carrier.

We delay & selectively vax. I know the risks of both (like I'm sure vaccinating parents do too). Like many non-vaxing parents, we know the risk of the diseases and believe those risks are much lower than the risks of vaccinating. It would be like a vaccinated child dieing from the vaccine.... Obviously both sets of parents would be upset and maybe question their choices. But both sets did what they believed was best for their kids.

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

ElizaBearsMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM

yeah. lol! SVU i do believe. it had Hillary Duff in it.

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Was it Law and Order?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)