Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me if I'm being really mean about this...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my best friend has really terrible luck with guys. All she wants is to get married and have kids..sometimes I get a little weirded out by the way she talks about or acts around my daughter..but that's not the point..just background information..anyway, her relationships are very, very..crappy. She goes after the worst guys all the time. Just to name a few...a very violent guy with epilepsy who refused to take his medicine even though without it he was extremely violent...a really insecure, doofy guy who refused to hang out with my husband and me for some stupid reason AND he told her she WAS NOT ALLOWED to eat carbs...whaaa? It made him sad that he was too fat to eat them..so she couldn't...wtf? I mean REALLY?! They both broke up with her in really immature ways and made her feel like crap. Well, she just got dumped by a new guy. He wasn't THAT great. He was really weird and there was one point when the two of them were playing with out daughter and he like...intentionally pushed her down...again..what????!!!!!! He ignored her for about two weeks and then he suddenly told her he just desperately wanted to be friends...that's all. He didn't love her anymore but he really can't stand to lose her completely. Well, she's agreed to just be friends but she's really, really upset. Even though...it's only been 5 months...I mean..come on. Five months...2 weeks of which they didn't even talk to each other... so now she's telling me she's having chest pain, and she's lost all of this weight because she can't stop puking and she actually went to the doctor for it...I've been REALLY sympathetic about all of this because I feel TERRIBLE she has such a hard time with relationships...but I mean..5 months...and chest pain? Maybe I'm not seeing it..but doesn't that seem a little melodramatic?

confused

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophiaofLight
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Sounds to me like she needs therapy 

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I would say it is..she needs counseling..

scootermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting mirandar2001:

I think she needs to get herself in counseling.  She needs to learn to take care of her self and her needs first, and love herself enough that she won't just settle for some abusive weird guy.  Once she does that.  I'll bet she finds someone much better.

discokittten
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM

You would NOT believe how many times I've told her that. She's one of those people who just won't take advice and I kind of wonder if she enjoys wallowing in her own self-pity.

Quoting scootermom:

Quoting mirandar2001:

I think she needs to get herself in counseling.  She needs to learn to take care of her self and her needs first, and love herself enough that she won't just settle for some abusive weird guy.  Once she does that.  I'll bet she finds someone much better.

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

my_too_kids
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I would say she needs counseling, but you never know, my daughter has hormone problems and had weird things like that. We had no clue about them(until now-age 15), and it also seemed like she was wallowing in self pity. You never know.

UK Parenting Advice

discokittten
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM

But it only happens after a break up! It's not a constant thing.

Quoting my_too_kids:

I would say she needs counseling, but you never know, my daughter has hormone problems and had weird things like that. We had no clue about them(until now-age 15), and it also seemed like she was wallowing in self pity. You never know.

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quoting scootermom:

Quoting mirandar2001:

Yes, she must learn to love herself before she can find "real" love.

Nichole2270
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

She needs some serious counseling!

sky375
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Are you sure we dont share the same friend? My BFF is the same way. Her "boyfriends" treat her like crap then when they dont call or they break up its terrible. She has been to the ER so many times for chest pains that they can find nothing wrong with her. She says it must be a broken heart. WTF ever. SHe has been seeing one guy off and on for over 6 years and she still goes through all the stupid high school drama. He doesn't answer, she calls like 100 times in a row then text in between that. Then when he gets mad for all the calls she is like but I love you and I just want to hear from you. NEver mind that this one actually has a job and is working at the time. I finally told her I wont listen to it any more. IF she cant say something positive dont say anything at all. I was getting miserable to be around her.

I am sorry for your hardship. I feel your pain on this.

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM

She isnt going to ever find someone that respects  her for her ...unless she starts respecting herself. Sounds as if she needs to start looking at the positives of being single, and until she gets content being single...then she is going to start getting these dead beats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)