Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far apart...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

How far apart are your kids? What's the best/worst thing about their age difference?

I'm having a little boy on Friday and my daughter is 18 months old.. I'm wondering how she's going to take it. She's been around babies before, so I'm not worried about that, it's more less, while I'm feeding or changing him or playing w/him and what not, is she gunna start lashing out?? I'm sure after a little while she'll be fine, but I'm kinda dreading the first week lol if that makes sense... So I'm just wondering, how far apart your kids are, and what you like most and least about their age dfiference... just to get an idea :)

kenziejosmommy - due August 28th

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

We have 5 children and one on the way

my oldest is 24 years old and then we have a 21 year old 17 year old 13 year old and a 7 year old my baby will is due late feb early march

the smallest age gap was the oldest two, and the oldest was very good with his younger brother Well over the years they all have been

Mamaz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

2 years 9 months. if i had to do it over again i would have waited longer

I am the formula feeding, independent sleeping, baby wearing, vaccinating, disposable diapering, public schooling, pro-life, full-time working, college educated 21 year old divorced mama of two beautiful little girls!!!

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:34 PM

dd and ss are 12 days short of 5 yrs apart.

it was an easy transition to me easier for ss to understand and easier that he knew justb/c ther ewas anothe rbaby didn't mean that we didn't lov ehim and all that

he was super helpful while i was preg too he always wanted to take pics and be involved w/everything even asked if he could come to the ultrasound (he did come) and he was so happy when they told us she was a girl!!! ((even cuter!))

whenever i didn't feel well he was always doing thing to try to make me feel better and constantly checking on me it was adorable!

kenziejosmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM

How adorable!! This one was an 'oops', but we would have liked to have waited longer... my nieces are 11 months apart, and that was HORRIBLE lol but she's finally figured out (the week he's coming) that there's a baby in mama's belly, she says "belly" and then "baby" and hugs my belly, it's too cute! We wanted to wait until she was like 3 but.. that didn't happen lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

dd and ss are 12 days short of 5 yrs apart.

it was an easy transition to me easier for ss to understand and easier that he knew justb/c ther ewas anothe rbaby didn't mean that we didn't lov ehim and all that

he was super helpful while i was preg too he always wanted to take pics and be involved w/everything even asked if he could come to the ultrasound (he did come) and he was so happy when they told us she was a girl!!! ((even cuter!))

whenever i didn't feel well he was always doing thing to try to make me feel better and constantly checking on me it was adorable!

3earthangels
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

My first 2 are 16 days short of exactly 2 years apart, and my middle and youngest are 2 years 7 months apart.

My oldest could of cared less about my first DD being born. He'd kiss her, but then was off to play. He'd get annoyed if she cried though, and would say, " Momma! She cries. Needs milk." And then lift my shirt. Then when my youngest was born he was obsessed with her while my oldest dd didn't care until she started getting around. At that point all heck broke loose, and only 2 can get along at a time. I've been told this is common no matter how far apart or how many you have....

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

IREHS85
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
my boys are 11 mths apart (not planned) but i would not change it for the world. now i would like to wait till they are in school to have another one
kenziejosmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I couldn't do 11 months lol After my nieces being that close together, I swore I wouldn't have kids without 2 year age gap, but it didn't work that way haha. This baby was a surprise, a good one, but still a surprise. My daughter doesn't really seem to 'care' that there's all this new stuff she's had or has, so hopefully she'll do the whole 'kiss and go play' thing. She does her own thing most of the time, so I'm hoping that sticks!!

Quoting IREHS85:

my boys are 11 mths apart (not planned) but i would not change it for the world. now i would like to wait till they are in school to have another one

NINA003
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM

My kids are 2 years and 9 days apart. Both of them are march babies 06 and 08.

gonetomiss
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I have a 8 and 6 year old, number 3 is due in Jan

lizmarie1975
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM

My first two are 9 years apart.  I'm currently expecting my third in about 4 weeks so it will be:

1) DS13

2) DD3.5 (she'll be 4 in November)

3) DS to be born in September

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)