Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF new mommy going back to work... help!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hey Everyone! I'm a first time mommy to my DS and going back to work next month. I'm having the worst time with dealing with knowing I'll be going back and not with him all day as I have been since he was born. He will be about 4 months old when I do go back. It makes me so sad I want to cry, but I know it will be for the better in the long run for our family that I do go back now! Any words of wisdom on how to make this easier would be much appreciated.

I also have exclusively breastfed him since he was born. I'm a bit anxious about pumping at work. Any moms out there dealing with this? How do you handle making sure you pump enough to keep up your supply and make sure he has enough for daycare? How do you find an appropriate place at work to pump? ahhhhh I have a thousand questions about this. Any thoughts would be so welcome. Thanks all!

<3

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nanna22
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM

My DD went through this also when she went back to work after her 1st DD was born.  She started pumping about 1 month before  she went back to work to build up a supply.  I was her care giver so she was ok about going back to work.   She would just go into the bathroom (she worked at a vet clinic), and pump every couple of hours.  GOOD LUCK MOMMA!!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

Breastfeeding Groups
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

depsiua
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I know how you feel.  I just went back to work this past Monday.  I exclusively breastfeed my son too.  It's hard, but you'll get through it.  I cried for a solid week before coming back.  It's ok to cry!  I think most of us do when we have to go back to work.

I'm lucky, my workplace has a mother's room where I can pump.  I pump twice a day and also go home on my lunch break to feed my boy.  This worked well with my first son, and so far, so good this time.  It helps if you have an understanding boss and coworkers as well as a flexible (timewise) schedule, but you can make it work.

My biggest recommendation is to read the book Milk Memos (milkmemos.com has a forum and a blog too).  It's funny and helpful and will make you feel like less of a basket case, less alone.  Because it can be very lonely sitting there with your pump for company, wishing you had your baby with you.  :)

Best of luck!!  Ooops, it's 9 o'clock, gotta go pump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)