Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quickest way to disinfect a whole house..?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
my 4 y/o nephew is literally always sick.
sniffles, strep, regular cold, stomach flu type stuff, you name it- he'll get it.

my baby is due on monday & my SIL and nephew moved out a couple weeks ago. i am freaking out about disinfecting. part nesting, part clean freak. i dont want anyone getting sick, especially not the baby.

how can i disinfect the whole house without scrubbing it down? do you think spray disinfectants work, because i can get DH to spray everything. is that safe though? to spray down like.. the entire house?
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
renrut3907
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM

If its been a couple of weeks, I'm sure it's fine - however, yeah spray Lyscol all over the place, it kills 99% of stuff.  I used to do this after my husband was sick and he went to work for his first day when we had a little baby...BUT.... a little goes along way as far as smell.  If you do this, open the entire house up and leave immediately.  And I would cover your mouth and nose while spraying, too, since you're pregnant.   And it is going to smell for just about an entire day so be gone awhile.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I also air out the house.  Open all the windows, so it airs out and then clean everything.

Quoting renrut3907:

If its been a couple of weeks, I'm sure it's fine - however, yeah spray Lyscol all over the place, it kills 99% of stuff.  I used to do this after my husband was sick and he went to work for his first day when we had a little baby...BUT.... a little goes along way as far as smell.  If you do this, open the entire house up and leave immediately.  And I would cover your mouth and nose while spraying, too, since you're pregnant.   And it is going to smell for just about an entire day so be gone awhile.

*God may delay, but is never departed*

Stacy1008
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM

You cant go wrong with vinegar!!  Its a very good disinfectant/cleaner you name it.  And it's safe and you wont have to leave the house!  If you know anyone who has any melaleuca products you should definately use that.  It is natural, using the very potent (natural) tea tree oil.  You can use Tough and Tender.  It will be great for cleaning even after the baby arrives! 

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

JADEN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)