Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant I die hair with koolaid???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

I thought there was a way to do this?????? I told SD that I would make her hair pink.....so I mixed the straight koolaid mix through her hair, no sugar....and her hair is sticky and gross...cant you die it for a minute with koolaid.....errrr...a couple days????  Anyone??   I want it out within a couple days, we just thought it would be funny.  :)

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy1008
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Umm...idk??

LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I did that when I was a teen. Stayed in a few days. Didn't hurt. Just use a little water and powder, no sugar.

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Next you need to mix up the Kool Aid. Choose a color you like, the brighter the better. Mix two packets of unsweetened mix with a double quarter sized amount of conditioner. I cannot stress enough that this must be unsweetened Kool Aid. If you use the sugar-added type, your hair will be a mess. If you haven't bleached your hair first, go wet it. Put on a pair of gloves and apply the Kool Aid to your hair. If this is not enough to thickly coat the hair, mix up some more and continue. Wrap your head in plastic wrap and leave it. Leave it as long as you can stand it, all day if you can. The longer you leave it, the better the color will adhere to the hair.

janette23
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

You can I dont know how and I wouldnt do it.

Tawanda74

I have no idea and have never heard of it... I'm bumping because I would love to know the answer now :) 

Bats' Belfry

two_dark_eyez

I did that, I had to boil it so it was hot and it stayed for a few days.  Be careful though, I used blue and got green lol

sxwalke
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM

so I can rinse this out and it will stay pink????!?!!??!!?      Its really gross right now on her head.  lol...its been on about a half hour    

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Next you need to mix up the Kool Aid. Choose a color you like, the brighter the better. Mix two packets of unsweetened mix with a double quarter sized amount of conditioner. I cannot stress enough that this must be unsweetened Kool Aid. If you use the sugar-added type, your hair will be a mess. If you haven't bleached your hair first, go wet it. Put on a pair of gloves and apply the Kool Aid to your hair. If this is not enough to thickly coat the hair, mix up some more and continue. Wrap your head in plastic wrap and leave it. Leave it as long as you can stand it, all day if you can. The longer you leave it, the better the color will adhere to the hair.

sxwalke
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:06 PM

well I owuldnt do it to myself.  But I am down for some harmless fun in the summer with the kids.  They dig it.  lol....and all we are doing this week is going camping    

Quoting janette23:

You can I dont know how and I wouldnt do it.

MadJack607
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:06 PM

At halloween time i buy about 4 or 5 can of the spray color and that last me about a year...and washed out with shampoo...my dd loves it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)