Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Safety First - PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

I've seen a couple posts and know it happens all the time where people get into wrecks and a lot of the time are hurt for the simple fact that they didn't think about safety first.  I'm really glad that on the kids' shows, 9 outta 10 times they make sure to put on their safety gear before doing anything.  Even if they are rushing out to save the day, they think about safety first.

My son's friend was in a 4-wheeler accident yesterday.  She is in the hospital in critical condition.  She wasn't wearing a helmet and took the hardest hit straight to her head.   She is bleeding internally in her brain and right now, the swelling is too much for them to do anything about it.  And are just waiting to see what can be done next.  She is 18.  They are saying that if she was wearing a helmet, the worse thing that would've happened is maybe a bad headache.  She didn't receive injury to any other part of her body as she landed directly on her head.

Please say a prayer that she'll be okay and please promote safety first.  It takes seconds to make one of the most important moves to possibly change a lifetime of something that cannot be taken back.

~ * * Misty * * ~

Mom to 4 of the best!!

teen boy Kie - 16            blowing bubbles Branci - 10

girl on a swing Summer - 9            toddler girl Zoe - 2 1/2 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cyndi310
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that

blowing bubblesice creamboy on a swing

Angel       Doug         Liam

Mommys little bratts

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I'm sorry. I hope she makes it through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)