Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad about anniversary, edit

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 49 Replies

So the 15th is my 3 year anniversary with my DF, we are suppppper broke! He is saying that he's not taking me to do anything [ we NEVER do anything even when we do have the cash ]. Our car is broken [which is his fault 100%! he was showing off and drove over a curb! broke the oil pan and something else]. Our rent is paid, and our utilities are paid,we have about 300$ left over, we already have groceries, and our cell phone bill is still due [its 300$ but my mom owes us because she went over and she's on our plan] He's not working right now either but he is working on getting a job, work source [or something like that] is helping him find one.

Well here is why i'm sad\mad at him, he has $ to buy cigarettes every 2-3 days [his cost about 7-8$ a pack] but not to take me to dinner for our 3 year anniversary?? he NEVER does anything special for me, not even on my birthdays. He blames it on being broke yet he has$ for cigarettes. I know i'm probably being a baby but if he would have skipped buying cigarettes and saved 40$ we could go out to dinner or something. Sometimes i just think about getting a credit card so we could pay off our smaller bills and go out to dinner on special nights! but theres noway id ever get one haha

Anyways thats my vent. Anyone ever experience this?

We cant do anything romantic at home because we have room mates!

<3 Proud Young Mommy

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Sorry.

Credit Cards are the devil.

Hope things get better, happy anniversary. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

proudmommy35
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM

If neither of you are working, you should not be spending money on eating out or cigs to beging with.  You should be saving that money until you find jobs.  jmo.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM

i do lol every birthday anniversary or holiday i get nothing b/c he says we dont have money 4 that but he buys himself stuff all the time like new clothes and video games its been years since ive had a hair cut or got new clothes or got something i wanted my husband is selfish...he works i stay at home with our son so i guess he sees it as his money not our money

CafeMom Tickers
mrsjedwards
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM
i said that about 10 times today when we were out shopping lol "this costs 20 dollars, whats that? a pack of cigs and some beer?" then i get to get what i want cuz dh never runs out of beer or cigs. treat yourself, tell him to shove it.

oh & this
Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Sorry.

Credit Cards are the devil.

Hope things get better, happy anniversary. 

Ivayla
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Just because you paid your rent and utilities doesn't mean you will be able to next month. Plus you haven't paid your cell phone bill which is 300. Emergencies happen too, so I would save the money and cook a nice home cooked meal and send the baby to grandma's.

'

Lauriemom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM

My dh smokes and the money he spends on it makes me nuts. He rolls his own, so it's a lot cheaper but not free!!  We are always broke, but he has money to smoke.  I hate it. 

But I will say, my dh is good about special occasions.  He does a good job even with little or no money.  He has cooked me dinner, bought me a card, had the kids make me a card. etc

Sorry momma, happy anniversary

LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Oh I'm sorry you're still having $ issues. I have been through years of this type of stuff.

Try and do something romantic at home.

On our first anniversary, my husband bought me a dozen roses, and I was like super annoyed, cause I knew we couldn't afford it. So, I told him from there on, not to splurge money on flowers, just spend time with me and have a nice dinner.

Make something simple, maybe ask your DH to give you a massage or something and you can do the same for him. Keep it simple is best when $ is tight.

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

Natashath09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Quoting Ivayla:

Just because you paid your rent and utilities doesn't mean you will be able to next month. Plus you haven't paid your cell phone bill which is 300. Emergencies happen too, so I would save the money and cook a nice home cooked meal and send the baby to grandma's.

'

we already have everything for next month lined up.

<3 Proud Young Mommy

Natashath09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM
bump

<3 Proud Young Mommy

LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM

03.gif image by ab17z

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)