Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really too much work to rinse a plate?!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Everytime SO is done eating, he'll either just leave his plate on the table and let it sit there all night or he'll put his plate in the sink {with some food still on the plate} and not even bother rinsing the plate off. Then when I go to do the dishes, I have food in the drain and have to either scrub the heck out of the plate or let it soak for what seems like hours. I've told him plenty of times how annoying it is, but I guess I'm just talking to a brick wall. UGHHHHHH!!!! How hard is it, really???washing dishes

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Candice369
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM
My SO does the same thing. Ugh.
kidkrazyinAK
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM

YES!! It is!!

Just ask my husband and kids, they will tell you.

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

YES!! It is!!

Just ask my husband and kids, they will tell you.

exactly what she said...

vickieb310
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Yes, I'm afraid it is just that hard!  Much too difficult to rinse a plate, or put a glass in the dishwasher...it's much easier to walk PAST the dishwasher and put the dirty dishes on the counter and let them sit...

Same goes for emptying a full garbage...much easier to just keep stuffing junk on top and eventually I'll come alone and empty it...

sxybxmami
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I told him that if he cooks or washes a dish his dick isn't going to fall off. But he acts like if it is.
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM

O dear man!

I remember my  hubby was just the same! and still is sometimes depending on the days hes had

I refused to wash any pots up until there was no pots in the house! They were piled high on all the kitchen sides dirty and smelly for days!

Then it happened A friend we had not seen in years called around out of the blue My hubby was so embarrassed by it that he locked himself in the kitchen and washed every pot up

that was over 20  years ago Hes been pretty good ever since and now the kids are all but grown they do the pots for me So thankfully we will never get that bad again

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM

You mean my dh was lying when he told me this? I knew I was too gullible!

jk but yea you eat u can help clean.

Quoting sxybxmami:

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I told him that if he cooks or washes a dish his dick isn't going to fall off. But he acts like if it is.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

it's very hard, didn't you know?!

No one in my house seems to be able to scrape their plates off in the garbage before putting it in the sink and so i'm always picking gross slimy food out of the drain when it could easily be avoided.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)