Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look what I found in the dumpster!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM
  • 38 Replies

Ok, so it wasn't actually IN the dumpster. It was sitting beside it. When I went to check my mail (which is right beside the dumpster), I noticed it. It was raining really hard but it looked fine. So I put it in my car and brought it home. I disinfected it but it was clean and in perfect condition. My S/O told me it was gross for me to be 'dumpster diving'..lol. Whats the best 'trash' you ever got?

in loveteen boytoddler boytoddler girl

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Well, that's cool!

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

volmomof3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM

they have the same one at walmart for 50$! u got  deal momma! cant beat that! im gettin dd one for her bday next mo

Lindasmama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM

My dd has the exact same kitchen.We got it at wthe dollar store for $20 around christmas..She is 2 and realy loves it! I never find anything good when I take the trash out.

mrwinget
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM

That's in great shape I would have dove in after it too LOL! 

3greatkids751
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM

ROFLMAO... its not like you actually DOVE into the dumpster to get it..it was sitting BESIDE the trashcan... lol.. I love it how ppl make it worst than it sounds! Great deal though!! =)

Quoting stephanie39466:

Ok, so it wasn't actually IN the dumpster. It was sitting beside it. When I went to check my mail (which is right beside the dumpster), I noticed it. It was raining really hard but it looked fine. So I put it in my car and brought it home. I disinfected it but it was clean and in perfect condition. My S/O told me it was gross for me to be 'dumpster diving'..lol. Whats the best 'trash' you ever got?

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting #4 in 2010!!

pregnancy calendar

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL Blinkie

Proud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM

awesome find mama! actually my uncle is a trash man, and he got my son a power wheels last year. we powerwashed it and bought a new battery. he loves it.

megarooniduh
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I've never found anything good in the trash, but I don't think I've ever looked either! Appearantly the dumpster right outside our apartment always has good trash though, because there is always people digging in it (ick)! I feel bad for them because my son poops 2 or 3 times a day, so you KNOW that trash has to be stinky! LOL!

Ready for this? I am an 18 year old, graduated from high school, exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home, mommy of a 1 year old little booger that says mama & dada! With plans to continue my education as a Registered Nurse, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

Freakgrlmd
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

That's awesome! Good for you! I have never actually been dumpster diving, but know people who do it and they get tons of good stuff. One man's trash is another Momma's treasure!

jendramis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM

We try our best to live a very recycled lifestyle lol or whatever you call it we dont label ourselves but I am not ashamed to say ive gotten planty of stuff out of other poeples garbage, we look at it a recycling for sure I mean its gonna end up in a landfill anyway so if we or someone I know can use it and its in good shape im all for it! trying to think of the best thing I got oh year a bag of costume jewlery was thrown out among a box of stuff atleast I though it was costume jewlery until I looked through it all there was a really pretty ring that I took my husbands friend he has a diamong and gold tester,the ring ended up being platinum and a 1 carrot diamond,I went back to the house a few times no one ever there,ended up finding out the poeple were getting evicted and moved out in the middle of the night,I ended up selling that ring to my husbands friend for $550.00! and he buys to resale so theres no telling what it was really worth this happened last mth

jennifer mom to austin 10 alexa 7 michael 6 cheyanne 5 and timmy 3 our special lil guy

MommytoKenzie08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I don't blame you at all, I so would have dove for that lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)