Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I The Only One Who's 9 year old thinks they are 16?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

I love my daughter with all of my heart.  But lately I swear she's been acting like a rebellious teen instead of a 9 year old.  She has an attitude about everything.  She rolls her eyes, pouts when she doesn't get what she wants and has been talking back.  Please tell me I am not the only one who's dealing with this at this young of an age.  And if you are, how are you handling it? 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chuckees_luvee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

My daughter just turned 10 and just started with the attitude as well. She thinks she knows everything, butts into conversations and does the eye roll too! I call her out on it every time, and sometimes she tears up, and other times she admits to having a bad attitude and apologizes. I really don't know what to do about it.

momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

My daughter is six and I believe she thinks she is 16....or older. I am still trying to figure out how to handle it myself, but I do know what you mean!

jendramis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM

my 10 yr old (just tuned the end of may) thinks hes 16 for his birthtday hes like I want an i phone or a mp3 player, lmao we ended up getting him a steroe for his room,he has a good attitude but he just thinks hes grown,loves to give mommy his two cents about everything

jennifer mom to austin 10 alexa 7 michael 6 cheyanne 5 and timy 3 our special lil guy

madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM

O dear all this to come and then some LOL

my daughters is only 7 and has already started with the attiude LOL
If her brothers bug her she screams at them I hate you so much and at the same time slaps them hard where ever she can reach LOL

Today when she did it I told her that was not good and that she needed to say sorry to her brother (Hes 13 and almost 6ft tall) I made her say sorry to him

as I walked away I over heard her hiss at him "She made me say sorry you dont think I meant it do you? Freak"

arrrrrrrrrrrr I turned on her and said well in that case go to your room until you are sorry

she screamed all the way up the stairs saying oooo I hate boys urrrrrrrrrrrrrr its your fault

When she calmed down I said what she had said was not nice and that that was not the way we do things around her She just said well will you tel that boy to grow up then?

What can you say to that?

lauraluann
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

My niece is 7 and acts like that, plus some.  She doesn't even act like a kid, she doesn't play with toys.  She talks about cute boys and all kinds of stuff.  I don't let my daughter play with her a lot, because I want her to act like a kid as long as she can.  It drives me crazy to be around my niece.

LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I have an 11 yr old that thinks she is 18.

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)