Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should anyone be treated like they are not human, because they are poor?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 66 Replies

Poll

Question: How should poor people be treated?

Options:

They should be treated with respect, and human dignity, financial status should not matter

They should all be treated like the dirt that they are, cause I am better than they

Well I don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 209

View Results

Thought I would do a poll, just to see what some moms really think. Just out of curiosity

This is just for information purposes only.....so be gentle..........

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Well, the results are good so far, everyone who has voted has voted for the first option, of dignity. 

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

gypsy_rose
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

wow i can't belive somone chose the second option.

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Yeah that breaks my heart, really. I think they probably do feel this way, though.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

wow i can't belive somone chose the second option.

superdaughter
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

The options you put aren't realistic...When I was about 4 years old my family went from being "rich" to being dirt "poor." When we were driving the nice cars, had the nice house with the inground 16 ft. deep pool, we had friends in the a**! When we went to outings and stores wearing nice clothes, people were overly nice to us. Church,too. Everyone stuck near us. BUT, then my Dad lost his job, when I was 9. We moved into a condo, down the street from my nice house. No more private schools, no more nice clothes or swimming in our pool every summer. I noticed my old friends parents wouldn't let them hang out with me anymore. In church, most of all, you wouldn't think it, but a lot of the more well to do families weren't as nice to us as they were before. We couldn't wear out designer clothes anymore. And we were looked down on...It sucks!!! But there are people who do it! I just went to buy a used car, and the dealer at one place was an a-hole, because we didn't have a lot of money to spend on a car....

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Well tell the a hole to keep his cars, you can go somewhere else!

Quoting superdaughter:

The options you put aren't realistic...When I was about 4 years old my family went from being "rich" to being dirt "poor." When we were driving the nice cars, had the nice house with the inground 16 ft. deep pool, we had friends in the a**! When we went to outings and stores wearing nice clothes, people were overly nice to us. Church,too. Everyone stuck near us. BUT, then my Dad lost his job, when I was 9. We moved into a condo, down the street from my nice house. No more private schools, no more nice clothes or swimming in our pool every summer. I noticed my old friends parents wouldn't let them hang out with me anymore. In church, most of all, you wouldn't think it, but a lot of the more well to do families weren't as nice to us as they were before. We couldn't wear out designer clothes anymore. And we were looked down on...It sucks!!! But there are people who do it! I just went to buy a used car, and the dealer at one place was an a-hole, because we didn't have a lot of money to spend on a car....

4puddintaters
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Quoting superdaughter:

I am so sorry to hear this and not surprised at all that some of the fellow "ladies" for lack of a better word, on here, voted the second option.  Sadly, it is not surprising at all given how horribly judgmental some of these women on here have shamelessly shown themselves to be.  I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like you have experienced alot more donkey's (your avatar hehe) than you should have in your lifetime.  People suck ass sometimes, sad to say.

mommywife06

I dont like the fact that because we are military we are expected to have all this money and when I say we dont we arent budgeting. SO Im of course being looked at like I dont know how to handle my finances which is bull! And being treated like a child. Which is also bull!  

shecallsmemom04

everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.

however, everyone should also treat THEMSELVES with respect and dignity.

i DESPISE stupid people, and i DESPISE stupid people unwilling to educate themselves even more!!!!!!!

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:51 PM

You are right about that! I think you are doing great, don't listen to people who tell you how to run your life!

Quoting mommywife06:

I dont like the fact that because we are military we are expected to have all this money and when I say we dont we arent budgeting. SO Im of course being looked at like I dont know how to handle my finances which is bull! And being treated like a child. Which is also bull!  

4puddintaters
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.

however, everyone should also treat THEMSELVES with respect and dignity.

That's a good point too.  I need to start treating myself with more respect and dignity by getting a job and not letting my hb be the sole income so i can actually buy myslef some new clothes that compliment what great shape i've kept myself in after having 4 kids!  I'm the same size if not smaller than i was almost 11 years ago!  Whoo whoo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)