Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, boys hair cuts**How does it look/Update**

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello,

My son is just about to start kindergarten, and has decided that he wants a new hair style (OMG!!)  I've always just taken out the little shaver thing and cut it to about 3/4 in.  Now he wants it spikey on the top.He likes the way it looks when its wet...  How do I do that??? 

Any advice??  Thank you.

here's what I did, does it look right???

update in post

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchid404
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM

anyone??

Michelle2080
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

What about using a styling wax? They gave that to my 2 y/o after his last hair cut just in case we wanted to give it a spikey look or a mohawk. You only use a little bit and you can shape his hair. 

Rachie7987
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

youtube it! Just you tube "boys hair cut fade".

Good luck!

ceciliam

Buzz the sides and leave the top but blend the top into the sides so your not left with a weight line. Then use a bit of gel to spike and hold the top.

Tazz2

cut it a little shorter on the sides and use a gel when his hair is damp to spike it up.  I use a 3/4 on the top of my son's head and a 1/2 or shorter on the back and sides. 

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Get him a fade ( longer on top short on the sides) then when his hair is wet just put some gel in it

orchid404
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I've got those!!  thank you..  I have Ice at home, can I use that, or what else would work well??

Quoting Tazz2:

cut it a little shorter on the sides and use a gel when his hair is damp to spike it up.  I use a 3/4 on the top of my son's head and a 1/2 or shorter on the back and sides. 

ceciliam
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Check out TIGI hair products like Hard To Get, Manipulator and Mastermind...all excellent choices for spiking hair.

Tazz2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM

you're welcome :) my boys like the spiking glue, but you can use whatever gel you have.

Quoting orchid404:

I've got those!!  thank you..  I have Ice at home, can I use that, or what else would work well??

Quoting Tazz2:

orchid404
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 5:57 PM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)