Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

Emotional abuse?  I know people speak of it all the time and Ive known people that were emotional abused but for those of you who have been through it or known someone who has been through it,what are the signs,and what are some of the things that happen.I know its a dumb question...but I want to know.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sxwalke
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM

belittling on a regular basis....everyone says mean things, but when one actually continues it, name calling.....it can come in all sorts of forms.  Even the way some people say things.  One making another feel worthless on a daily or even weekly basis....right???   Its just contantly messing with you verbally.  Yelling, shouting....

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Verbal/Emotional Abuse

Verbal/Emotional Abuse is anything that the abuser says or does to the victim that causes the victim to be afraid, lowers the victim’s self esteem, or manipulates or controls the victim’s feelings or behavior. It includes the following behaviors:

• Name-calling and put-downs
  • Yelling and screaming
  • Intentionally embarrassing the victim in front of other people
  • Keeping the victim from seeing or talking with friends and family
  • Telling the victim what to do
  • Using online communities or cell phones to control, intimidate, or humiliate the victim
  • Making the victim feel responsible for the violence
  • Stalking
  • Threatening to commit suicide in order to manipulate the victim
  • Threats of violence or harm, or to expose the victim’s secrets such as sexual orientation or immigration status), or to take away the victim’s children

http://www.thesafespace.org/the-basics/relationships-101/types-of-abuse/?gclid=CIXu5Y2en5wCFRxNagodUH5udg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)