Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you confess?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM
  • 34 Replies

This is an opportunity to confess anything that you have done, anything that is bothering you, or things you realize about yourself.  Hopefully, we can encourage one another though it.  I have many confessions to make, and I think its good to let some of them go.  I have recognized them and am willing to share.

I am insecure, and feel like a misfit most places I go.  I am very sensitive and want everybody to like me.  I wish I had real friends ( or one that I can call true).  I am overly compassionate to the point people take advantage of me.  I am a very hard worker, but feel like a failure because I can't raise my daughter (11 weeks old) because I work full time. 

The list can go on..but I would like to know if anyone else can confess..

me and the hubs 2 weeks ago  

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TLVS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I have a phobia of failure.  It sucks because fearing failure means that EVERY aspect of your life is effected.  You can fail at anything and I think I do almost all of the time.

LaPaBa
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I would like to confess: I am never perfect, I mess up, I can be mean and bitchy. But all in all it's life. You can either like me or hate me, I wont' worry over it. I am here just like everyone else. To pass the time in the day and night. if I've bothered you or hurt your feeling, well I apologize and want to move forward. i also would love to have those that have hurt me to do the same.

Paulathcat043.gif Animated Animals image by Keefers_animatedbackgroundbutterflies.gif animated butterfly image by autumnbreeze_2006

sweetsis23
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I can most definately relate.

Quoting LaPaBa:

I would like to confess: I am never perfect, I mess up, I can be mean and bitchy. But all in all it's life. You can either like me or hate me, I wont' worry over it. I am here just like everyone else. To pass the time in the day and night. if I've bothered you or hurt your feeling, well I apologize and want to move forward. i also would love to have those that have hurt me to do the same.

sweetsis23
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Failure is most definately easy to fear.  Our society is so focused on success that it seems like failure at anything makes you a complete loser.  I feel like sometimes failure is necessary in order to achieve the best successes in life.  It makes you stronger and wiser.

Quoting TLVS:

I have a phobia of failure.  It sucks because fearing failure means that EVERY aspect of your life is effected.  You can fail at anything and I think I do almost all of the time.

sammy678
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I take an anti anxiety pill as need and see a psychiatrist every month. It's a secret from my family. My whole family (mom, grandparents) has been afflicted by one mental illness or another, so I'm taking preventative measures. But I feel like if anyone knows about my "allergy pills" they will think I'm a weak person with no coping skills and therefore, I'm a failure as a person.

There's my confession.

sweetsis23
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I think that it is very strong of you to step up and do what you can to get through it.  My mom is bi polar and the rest of her family all have mental issues too.It could get serious at any given point so it is good that you are doing what you are doing.

Quoting sammy678:

I take an anti anxiety pill as need and see a psychiatrist every month. It's a secret from my family. My whole family (mom, grandparents) has been afflicted by one mental illness or another, so I'm taking preventative measures. But I feel like if anyone knows about my "allergy pills" they will think I'm a weak person with no coping skills and therefore, I'm a failure as a person.

There's my confession.

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I confess.... I played on cafemom most of today! 

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM

i confess i wonder everyday if i screwed up my daughters life cuz im a single mom

redheadsmommie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Septpreggo:

i confess i wonder everyday if i screwed up my daughters life cuz im a single mom.

NO!! More power to you! At least she has one parent who loves her!!

I confess I'm not confident in my own body. I wish I looked like I did 5 years ago. And I'm very compassionate, sometimes to compassionate and it never works in my favor.

dre_bunny
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I'm scared to death that dh will not come home from his next deployment and I will fall into a horrible depression & turn to drugs or alcohol or something.  

I'm constantly thinking my family is gonna die. I can just picture them dead... it's pretty creepy :(

and a lot more I can't think of right now...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)