Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where is the expiration date on the Britax Roundabout???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

I seriously cant find it!! Where is it?  Does anyone know?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
butterflyblu
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Does it have a date of manufacture printed on it?  Is so, the seat expires 6 years from that date.  I don't have that seat so I am not sure.  I know my SIL has a Britax and it's an older model and we couldn't find any date stamp whatsoever on her seat.  But hers is really old, I told her she shouldn't be using it, but she didn't listen.  It was given to her by someone who had an 8 yr old who used it.

armygirl16
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I cant find ANY dates, on my other carseat (evenflo) its just on the back...

Quoting butterflyblu:

Does it have a date of manufacture printed on it?  Is so, the seat expires 6 years from that date.  I don't have that seat so I am not sure.  I know my SIL has a Britax and it's an older model and we couldn't find any date stamp whatsoever on her seat.  But hers is really old, I told her she shouldn't be using it, but she didn't listen.  It was given to her by someone who had an 8 yr old who used it.

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Yeah both my Graco and Evenflo have expiration dates printed clearly on the shell.  Is there any kind of serial number on the seat?  Perhaps you could call Britax directly and find out when the seat was manufactured.  How long have you had it?  This is their Customer Service phone number.  1-888-427-4829

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting butterflyblu:

armygirl16
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM

It was given to me when I was pregnant a year ago by my aunts neighbor, she already had 2 carseats and this one was brand new and she didn't need it (it was just sitting in her laundry room).  She may have had it for 6 months...to a year I'm not sure.  So at the most I'm thinking its 2 years old.  I never use it though its also just sitting in my closet so I would like to sell it to get my dd something for her birthday since its new.

Quoting butterflyblu:

Yeah both my Graco and Evenflo have expiration dates printed clearly on the shell.  Is there any kind of serial number on the seat?  Perhaps you could call Britax directly and find out when the seat was manufactured.  How long have you had it?

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting butterflyblu:

armygirl16
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM

BUMP I still can't find it.  I'm looking everywhere online too..

Cognito
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Britax seats have a sticker under the edge of the cover. If you have the box, then there is a sticker on the box too. Britax seats expire 6yrs from the date it was made.

I'm passionate about Carseat Safety. See why at www.kyledavidmiller.org.

Milo Emery 12-13-06 Safely Harnessed in a Britax Regent (3rd slots), Graco Nautilus (3rd slots) & Apex 65 (4th slots). He's a BIG boy!

Jareth Remy 5-6-08 Officially Extended Rear Facing in a Britax Boulveard, Graco Safe Seat Step 1 (middle slots) & Cosco Scenera. Considering the Graco My Ride 65 to replace the SS1.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)