Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who would you give money to??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: read post first Who would you help?

Options:

the homeless person beging for change

the homeless person making necklaces

both

nether

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

your walking down the street you see two homeless people sitting within a few feet of each other. One is just asking for change the other one is making hemp and bead jewlrey with a sign up asking for donations. They have about 10 necklaces hanging off the signs and has one in their hand that they are working on so you KNOW they are the one making thes necklaces. Who would you help?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM

well money is very tight for me , so I probably would not be able to give them anything

I do like to give my childrens outgrown toys and clothes away

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

aidensmommy1105
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I put both cuz I would feel bad giving money to one and not the other, especially since they are sitting so close. IF I HAD to chose one, I would most likely go with the one making necklaces

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Both. Money is tight but I have money coming in regularly. I can give up something i dont need to give a few $'s to someone who needs it. Thats just how I am and always have been. Every year at christmas and thanksgiving I take all the left overs and make plates and go hand them out to the homeless.

What comes around goes around

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Neither.This is going to sound terrible and I am probably going to be attacked. But, I grew up in NYC and learned from my parents, just by watching, not to give money and just keep walking. I guess I am desensitized by it because I see it all of the time

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

neither.

I give to charities; children's miracle network, st. Jude's, united way, and to the Coalition against breast cancer. Total i give 500 a month to them, it comes directly out of our paychecks.  

I do not give money to people on the streets.

Kestrel1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I would probably give money to either or if I were in the mood, but it wouldn't have a thing to do with the bracelets.  A pretend sale is just an insult to the person making the bracelets.  You are so pathetic I will let you pretend I really wanted this bracelet.  They could be putting butt prints on paper at that point and it would be the same equation.  Really though, they had their pants down, they were working hard on those butt prints...

But how many people can keep a roof over their heads on butt prints?

nursetina
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I would give money to the person making the necklace because that person is at least trying to do something to better their situation whereas the person begging is just sitting there begging.

But knowing me, I would go to the nearest food store and get them each a small bag of food.

Tina ~ proud mommy to

Alaina MacKenzie ~ 12/27/02

Alyssa Grace ~ 11/9/06

Jacob Scott ~ 9/9/08

mrsmilfy
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I'd give them food, I don't give homeless people money...ever. I'd probably choose the one that was working hard.

bananaapplepie
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM

i voted both but now that i think of it, probley NOT the person making the hemp... they are just showing to me that they are spending their money on folish things, like more hemp, rather than eating... and hemp isnt very easy to screw around with so yeah... hemp plus supplies are more expensive than a few bucks...

gypsy_rose
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM

but at they same time atleast they are TRYING to  earn there money by doing SOMETHING. (and realy it does not cost that much to make one necklace MIGHT equal out to .75 - 1.50 unless you buy the beeds that cost 7+ dollars)

Quoting bananaapplepie:

i voted both but now that i think of it, probley NOT the person making the hemp... they are just showing to me that they are spending their money on folish things, like more hemp, rather than eating... and hemp isnt very easy to screw around with so yeah... hemp plus supplies are more expensive than a few bucks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)