Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Halloween Ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, I have a 3 year old boy and an 18 month old girl, and I want to dress them up as something that goes together...for instance, last year, he was Winnie the Pooh and she was a bumblebee (get it? :)

My problem this year is he has more of an opinion! I really wanted to do prince charming and Cinderella but he doesn't like the costume.

Anyone have any ideas? Some things he is into: monster trucks, racecars, thomas, horses, bulls....

So what can I dress them as so that they coordinate? If you have an idea that doesn't go with the interests I listed please still post it! Thanks ladies!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Korkor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM

A horse and a baby cow girl!

Come on over and join my new group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/wishuponamom
lizmarie1975
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Could they go as a cowboy and a cowgirl?

ShakleeMama87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I thought about that, but I was looking for some additional ideas. As for the horse idea, all the costumes I found he said were "too little." He wants to be a "big, black horse". LOL

mamadrama07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM

How about your son be a fireman, and your daughter could be a cute little dalmatian?  

Click on the butterfly below to check out my themes!

ShakleeMama87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Quoting mamadrama07:

How about your son be a fireman, and your daughter could be a cute little dalmatian?  

I love that, thank you! Fireman I think he might go for.

Anyone else?

mamadrama07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Quoting ShakleeMama87:

Quoting mamadrama07:

I love that, thank you! Fireman I think he might go for.

Anyone else?

You're very welcome!

Click on the butterfly below to check out my themes!

vickieb310
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Why not just let him choose a costume / theme and then you can come up with a match for your daughter? That way he has a say and can get a 'big' costume that he likes and you can still have them match.

ShakleeMama87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting vickieb310:

Why not just let him choose a costume / theme and then you can come up with a match for your daughter? That way he has a say and can get a 'big' costume that he likes and you can still have them match.

Well, I tried, but he kept changing his mind...."Yeah, I want to be a tiger." then I showed him a pirate one, "Yeah, I like that one...." etc...lol. So I just think I will pick something I think he will like and give him veto power, or maybe give him a few choices.

starrymonkey
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM

okay, before I say this, let me just say I'm on a serious camelot kick right now.  But what about a wizard or knight and a princess, dragon, so on? 

Or a pumpkin and a candle?

peanut butter and jelly?

car and driver?

"Shh... Mommy doesn't know I'm a rockstar!"

crystalearl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM

How about Peter Pan and Tinker Bell?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)