Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BC question...TMI...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i'm using the neuvaring, i like it, but it keeps sliding out. i tried pusing it farther in this time, but it doesn't seems to work. i'm gonna ask dh to put it in next time, but i don't know if thats gonna fix the problem...does anybody else have this problem? i like the ring because i'm always "ready" for sex, when not using anything i can't always do it even if i want to. but if it keeps doing this, i don't think i can keep using it.

also, if the ring continues to bother me too much, i'm thinking of switching to the patch. anyone using it with a latex allergy? my doc wasn't sure if it had latex or not which is why he suggested the ring. i don't wanna risk it, but i need another option if the ring doesn't work.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
713mommyofthree
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

have you ever considered an iud....its good for 5 years,have had no problems withit. 

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM

There is also a 10year IUD lol....IDK about the Nuvaring though I never wanted to try it:)

href="http://www.tickercentral.com">
MNLETLE
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I have never been on any form of birth control myself, however, a friend of mine had the patch. It was NO good for her...this was a couple of years ago though...her's always FELL OFF!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

kaker104
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I used the patch for years. Just make sure that you switch places sometimes. Else the area gets sore. Just so you know... you can get pg 2 wks after you take it off. Even if you've been on it steadily for over a year.

junebug624
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I know I saw a warning about the patch because it can cause blood clots.  My friend used it and got pregnant twice, and miscarried both times.  I would do like the pp's said and go with the IUD 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

KellyRay4
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting 713mommyofthree:

have you ever considered an iud....its good for 5 years,have had no problems withit. 

i'm thinking about the iud later on, but me and dh dont wanna space out the kids too much and i only have one so far. it would be taken out in about a year. i'm glad you tlod me you've had a good experience with it tho. i don't know anybody who has used that so i don't know much about it.

americanpeso
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I was on nuvaring and it kept falling out, so i switched to the depo shot and i haven't had any problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)