Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know how to drive!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so I am 19 and I have never drove a car before. I am too scared. I know I need to get my license soon because its hard being a mom without one. Were anyone of you scared to drive? If you were how did you get over it?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

bump

wintersmommy06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM

bump

PiscesMommy021
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I used  to be the exact same way. I didn't get my license until I was  20 years old...It was about 2 weeks before  I turned 5 months pregnant and 9 days after my 20th b-day. I just had to  get over cause  I was in  the military and so was my dh and he was going  to be gone alot in  the field and doing trainings,etc. So I just went and took the  test and passed and got  my license. But it wasn't my 1st time driving a car though.But you just  have  to  put your fears aside and do it...I know it's easier said,than done,lol...Good luck

vickieb310
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I didn't get my license until I was 19, but it was more of a lack of need than being scare.  I didn't have a car to drive and my BF drove me everywhere.

My 15yo daughter has her level 1 learners permit, but she isn't comfortable driving either.  I told her not to worry about it.  When she's comfortable and not so scared, we can go driving.

I'm more pissed because our extended family gives her a hard time about it.

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM
bump
southernjess3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM

im 19 and i just got my lisense..lol..i was really scared to drive( got in a really bad bus crash when i was younger). i still do get scared..but i live in a super small town, so ive learned to zip around town. im surprised by how fast i got comfortable driving around my town..youll do fine mama:)

wintersmommy06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Yea but I live in Detroit. Detroit is not small. I just moved here a little over a year ago and the driving laws are different. And they have all these weird u turn things and you cant turn at certain places so you have to go down the road just to turn around and it seems so frustrating. LOL

Quoting southernjess3:

im 19 and i just got my lisense..lol..i was really scared to drive( got in a really bad bus crash when i was younger). i still do get scared..but i live in a super small town, so ive learned to zip around town. im surprised by how fast i got comfortable driving around my town..youll do fine mama:)

vickieb310
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I hear ya - we're about an hour out of Detroit, hubby works downtown and the roads are messed up.  We used to refer to them as "Coleman lanes".  Now the turns are mostly referred to as a Michigan Left. lol 

I won't drive in Detroit myself.  If I'm in the city, someone else is driving! lol

Quoting wintersmommy06:

Yea but I live in Detroit. Detroit is not small. I just moved here a little over a year ago and the driving laws are different. And they have all these weird u turn things and you cant turn at certain places so you have to go down the road just to turn around and it seems so frustrating. LOL

Quoting southernjess3:

SuperMa
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM

OK...this is sad in my case because I'm 32 still don't have my license, because I was tramatized as a teenager with a Stepdad that drove like a crazy man. I have driven in the past not very far and never on a highway...too scared. I have my permit (passed it with 100%). i live in NYC yeah we have mass transit but its becoming too expensive to travel paying for me and the kids round trip...I'm working up the courage to get my license by the end of this year...before one of my younger sisters (17yrs) get her license. HAHA on me not you. Anyway sweetie get over your fear cause if not you'll be liked me at 32. I'm LOL at myself so much right now. Good Luck!!!

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM

yep i didnt get my lisence till i was 20 so i know how you feel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)